The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 04:33:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Bosch coil issues? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bosch coil issues? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  (Read 1961 times)
65bug

« on: June 06, 2011, 02:29:11 am »

Hey guys,
    Alright. All systems go on the motor! Been trying to start, but no juice to the motor! No spark at all. I am running a Bosch 009 coil and a Mallory Unilite Distributor. When I was hit from behind in the accident, the cb hex bar was sitting on top of the alternator. Arching away, it finally developed into a little fire. Once I got the linkage off the alternator, it stopped it.
    It fried the alternator wire going to the starter. Melted the insulation about 12 inches back. Fixed that.
    Big question is: could this have fried my coil?Huh I used a multimeter to check the coil and got no voltage with key on. I know the Mallory unilite distributor hates any type of voltage spike, but the control module does not smell burnt at all.
    Oh, I should have one black wire coming out of the harness on the left that goes to the coil. Correct? And anyone know of another way to test my coil??

Thanks!           PS Scratching my head here! But getting over a cold, so I could be screwed up! Cheesy
fredy66

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 04:14:59 am »

have you looked at the fuses? test a nother coil

arabia slugs
65bug

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 04:21:58 am »

Thanks fredy66! Yes, fuses looked good from what I could tell. Seems everything is good. I will check coil again tomorrow, then go buy a new one if need be. I am going to call MAllory and speak to a tech guy about the resistor they recommend! It worked fine before the accident.

Thanks!
fredy66

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 05:00:56 am »

Hey guys,
    Alright. All systems go on the motor! Been trying to start, but no juice to the motor! No spark at all. I am running a Bosch 009 coil and a Mallory Unilite Distributor. When I was hit from behind in the accident, the cb hex bar was sitting on top of the alternator. Arching away, it finally developed into a little fire. Once I got the linkage off the alternator, it stopped it.
    It fried the alternator wire going to the starter. Melted the insulation about 12 inches back. Fixed that.
    Big question is: could this have fried my coil?Huh I used a multimeter to check the coil and got no voltage with key on. I know the Mallory unilite distributor hates any type of voltage spike, but the control module does not smell burnt at all.
    Oh, I should have one black wire coming out of the harness on the left that goes to the coil. Correct? And anyone know of another way to test my coil??

Thanks!           PS Scratching my head here! But getting over a cold, so I could be screwed up! Cheesy

two  believe one to the oil and one to the coil

arabia slugs
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: