The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 23:46:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351104 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  DKP Cruise Night this Friday
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: DKP Cruise Night this Friday  (Read 15539 times)
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« on: June 09, 2011, 03:30:17 am »

I hope to see everyone there on Friday night!  For those who are coming , could you please help us out by ALWAYS crossing at the intersection, NO alcohol, no burnouts, or loud music. Also, could you please dispose of trash properly to help keep the areas as clean as possible. With all of your help, we can, hopefully, continue to do this.  Thank you!!!

I also park at Nick's.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 04:32:59 am »

Thankfully, most the people from The Lounge aren't the problem. But hopefully, others will hear about this and not blow it by losing that venue.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
normac67

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 08:22:31 am »

Hi John. Could you please PM me before Friday night..

Norris McPherson
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 17:05:29 pm »

If you need a few more bodies to help with policing the area, DKK would be pleased to lend a hand.

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
kingsburgphil

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 02:52:14 am »

It's 6:52 pm Calif time and by now the folks over at the "Mandarin Palace" (across the street from Nicks) should have their panties in a wad, and deservedly so.
They've made an investment in Friday night also...food, waiters etc.  And what do the VW people do?  Scare off their customers and trash their parking lot.

Maybe next time if there is one, DKP could buy a BIG bag ($$$) of fortune cookies from them and sell them to the VW spectators (buy one or beat it!).

This ought too piss somebody off.
Taylor

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 03:46:29 am »

Are you kidding me?  Fucking morons,  every year it gets worse and DKP doesn't need the headache anymore.   My opinion only, doesn't reflect the clubs thoughts.  Taylor
Rennsurfer

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 05:16:20 am »

Agreed, Taylor. The geniuses that were doing burnouts, jaywalking across Orangethorpe, and playing loud music are just making it bad for D.K.P. NOT GOOD. Too bad that people that can't think or conduct themselves in public have to ruin an otherwise fun event/gathering for those of us that enjoy going.

~Sarge
Allen Wiess

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 05:33:11 am »

Must be bad down there...Allen called me to tell me he was leaving at 9:17 and at 9:26 he called to tell me he would be later.  He got pulled over inthe vert for no front license plate and now is getting a fix it ticket.

Sue

Geers Engineering / LAT Lubricants
Jim Ratto

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 05:37:43 am »

I hope it didn't all go to hell again.

Nice way to stuff our hobby in the trash. You'd think like minded people sharing the same interests would have enough respect for one another and the private property the events are held upon that they wouldn't act like unruly dumbshits.

Sorry to hear Allen got nicked for no front plate, wonder how many other cars will get pushed around.

Man I am hoping I am reading these posts all wrong.
bilboa2

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 07:30:45 am »

reminds me of old whittier blvd days, or driving in huntington beach with tinted windows, lowered front ends era. If you know your cars illegal, prepared to get pulled over. Do a burn out, pay the price.. jay walk , stupidity seeks its own level. I KNOW, I am the guy who left a berg rally once and did a burn out in front of a"slightly hidden" rookie woman cop and her senior boss. They "Threw the book" at me, aiding and abetting in a speed contest etc. I think the best thing is to move the event to an area that can handle the amount of people. The police are doing what the local taxpayers/business want inforced.Sorry for allen for sure, hope it's just a fix it ticket.oh yeah, still wish i was there, but do not miss the "hassels from the man"..( easy rider ?)... bill
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 07:49:02 am »

I learned my lesson two years ago not to go. After reading this post it reassured me again. IMO the event needs more real estate.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 06:27:46 am by Cal-look Fucker » Logged

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
Taylor

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 08:41:12 am »

More real estate would require DKP to hold an official event. With all the liabilities and without the laid back fun.
jaqo

Bugster Team

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2011, 08:58:01 am »

I see it's the same in every country...
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2011, 13:31:06 pm »

Although I didn't have a VW, I did have a designated driver. So I had a great time Smiley

Only way you'll get people to follow the rules is if you rent a cop to stand there the entire evening. If it comes to that, I'd just as well see it go away entirely.

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
mg

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 17:09:00 pm »

Seems its outgrown Nicks.
needs to be in a big pizza place in a dead mall with a huge parking lot.
The 4 lane busy street in front of Nicks adds to the problem.
Seen many near misses just getting in and out of Nicks.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 17:10:55 pm by mg » Logged
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 17:42:13 pm »

Thank you, to everyone that turned out last night. We had a great Cruise Night! Very mellow crowd, and it was the cleanest the place has ever been at the end. Police Chief Sellers had a wonderful time, and conveyed that to me. He even donated to our Japan Relief Fund, and got to talk to some friends from the past.
   Lot's of compliments from some locals in the area and someone from the newspaper, was there, taking some photos and chatting to people. All in all, a very fun and successful evening. Thanks to most for taking the special effort to pay attention to our signs regarding the littering and crossing at the light!!!!!

I also park at Nick's.
Rennsurfer

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 19:18:51 pm »

Thank you, to everyone that turned out last night. We had a great Cruise Night! Very mellow crowd, and it was the cleanest the place has ever been at the end. Police Chief Sellers had a wonderful time, and conveyed that to me. He even donated to our Japan Relief Fund, and got to talk to some friends from the past.
   Lot's of compliments from some locals in the area and someone from the newspaper, was there, taking some photos and chatting to people. All in all, a very fun and successful evening. Thanks to most for taking the special effort to pay attention to our signs regarding the littering and crossing at the light!!!!!

DKK_Fred likes this.

~Sarge
Jim Ratto

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2011, 00:01:13 am »

glad I was wrong but sorry I missed it

See you tomorrow John! Cool
Fiatdude

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2011, 02:21:17 am »

I would like to thank everyone for putting on a great event -- what a great experience and great people -- and you even put up with me and my car with only 1 headlight (since it JUST had to fall out a block from Nick's and I JUST had to run over it too) -- ((WANTED: a Rossi Headlight Please))

I would also really, REALLY, from the bottom of my heart, like to thank my car for totally running like shit, and stalling out (to the immense pleasure of the gathered crowd) as I leaving Nick's -- because as I very slowly approached the light to the east of Nick's with the engine snorting, popping, coughing and every other shity thing it could do -- there was a Black and White with his nose stuck out waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting (which happened to someone just a few seconds later). Maybe my car is smarter than me, because as I got to my trailer it was running just fine (go Figure).

Great times -- -- See you guys next year!!!!!!!!

Oh -- I went over to the Mandarian Garden and had dinner and they had a full house -- so the VW crowd didn't scare off everybody LOL
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 02:32:09 am by Fiatdude » Logged

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Get lost for an evening or two -- http://selvedgeyard.com/

Remember, as you travel the highway of life,
For every mile of road, there is 2 miles of ditch
Taylor

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2011, 03:23:59 am »

Glad I was wrong too. This is the first year I missed in 12 years
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2011, 05:58:46 am »

Man, I'm really sorry I missed this year, but had to work OT, new job, so coulds not say no. Sounds like a great time. See ya all at The Classic's!

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2011, 05:59:20 am »

+1 more for what John said.
The crowd seemed very mellow (well, sort of)
Some JayWalkers, a few burnouts but all in all seemed well under control.

Thanks to DKP for continuing the tradition!

« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 03:15:18 am by Dave Rosique » Logged
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2011, 06:05:19 am »

Oh yeah, DKP really classed up the cruise with live music this year.. way to go guys.. way-to-go!
 Cheesy Cheesy
Fiatdude

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2011, 06:33:50 am »

Oh yeah, DKP really classed up the cruise with live music this year.. way to go guys.. way-to-go!
 Cheesy Cheesy

Was that you Dave, on the Mouth Harp?Huh?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ViY1MbxZLoI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ViY1MbxZLoI</a>

There were a million cameras there --- Where are all the Pictures?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 06:37:44 am by Fiatdude » Logged

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2011, 07:26:08 am »

Uh, no Harold, that was not me..........
   Roll Eyes
ian c

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2011, 07:57:21 am »

this is next friday , right ??

i spent half my money on beer , cars , and women .

the other half , i just wasted .

(o\ ! /o)
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2011, 15:30:27 pm »

this is next friday , right ??

NO

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Fiatdude

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2011, 16:01:06 pm »

I stood in line for over an hour for the helicoter rides -- finally gave up because the line wasn't moving to fast, so moved to the next line .. .. for the bathroom

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

RockStock

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2011, 16:01:50 pm »

only a few on TS so far?

be nice to see lots more
kingsburgphil

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2011, 17:00:02 pm »

It's 6:52 pm Calif time and by now the folks over at the "Mandarin Palace" (across the street from Nicks) should have their panties in a wad, and deservedly so.
They've made an investment in Friday night also...food, waiters etc.  And what do the VW people do?  Scare off their customers and trash their parking lot.

Maybe next time if there is one, DKP could buy a BIG bag ($$$) of fortune cookies from them and sell them to the VW spectators (buy one or beat it!).

This ought too piss somebody off.
This is one time I'm glad I was wrong. I'm afraid I'd lost faith in my fellow man and expected DKP Cruise Night to look like a scene from "Dante's Inferno".

Lets hope DKP Cruise Night isn't a victim of its own success.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: