The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:52:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Performance of the Ports Head
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Performance of the Ports Head  (Read 3511 times)
mrmut

« on: June 06, 2011, 22:14:53 pm »

Hi I'm from Macedonia and jackets to make 1600 engine, I doubt the valves and channels on their heads.
I do not know if it will fit in a 86mm cylinder valves 42x37 and if fit would be wrong if the IN channel to expand to a 37mm EXchannel to expand to 39mm.  Huh Huh Huh
By default these channels is 30 IN and 32 EX if the IN logical channel to expand and Edge 7mm channel to expand to 7mm, whether this came straight.  Huh Huh
And if you do not collects 42x37 will go a variant of 40dzh36 by broadening the channels IN 34mm and EX 36mm

Please help me and advise me if I'm wrong.
Bruce

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 04:31:00 am »

..... a 86mm cylinder valves 42x37....
This won't work.  The valves will be so badly shrouded, they won't flow to their full potential.  Even 40x35 valves are kind of big for an 86mm cylinder.

Whatever head and valve you pick, do not make the exhaust port bigger.  It is already big enough to make far more hp than you can imagine.  I'd even go one step further saying it is too big for a stock engine.
mrmut

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 22:41:32 pm »

..... a 86mm cylinder valves 42x37....
This won't work.  The valves will be so badly shrouded, they won't flow to their full potential.  Even 40x35 valves are kind of big for an 86mm cylinder.

Whatever head and valve you pick, do not make the exhaust port bigger.  It is already big enough to make far more hp than you can imagine.  I'd even go one step further saying it is too big for a stock engine.

Thank you for your elaborate reply.
So I am going to 40x36 idzledzen port with stock and how to do input ports 32,34,36 mm ....
Chris bugster

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 23:37:55 pm »

Give us some more information, please. What is the total specification you have or are planning and what it is intended for? I think I can very safely say that all here would be very curious and willing to help. If you want some specific information regarding heads or building a powerful small engine, have a look at the subject at the top of Pure racing- Small powerhouse.

11.2@124mph
mrmut

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 18:00:36 pm »

Thank you want to help me it is 50% engine built by your side

My idea is to make 86x69-1602, 4cc Turbo Engine
that would be opposed to today's new car models.
To say that I have already prepared clips from 86mm mitsubishi Evo 10 with minor modifications Quantity of cylinders will
to build in.

Johannes Persson
I like his performance of the engine and if you read this thread please mislenje around the heads izledznite and input channels and valves.
Johannes Persson explained in

Small powerhouses and old school this
After following this very interesting thread I have decided to build a "mouse motor" with almost only original parts and by using some simple math and sience.

Engine spec:

Case: original AS41
Crank: German stock
Rods: German stock
Pistons: JE 86mm 24mm comp hight
Cylinders: Stock 85,5 mm honed to 86mm
Heads: 043 40x32mm valves
Compression: 12,0:1
Rockers: Jpm two stud 1,5:1 ratio
P-rods: Manton 3 / 8 "cromoly
Cam: Fk45in/Fk44 ex
Cam gears: Magnum
Oilpump: 26mm
Deepsump: 1,5 lit
Flywheel: 180mm stock lightend
Clutch disc: cush lock
Pressure plate: Kennedy
Header: Custom made 1 5 / 8 "tuned length
Manifolds: Custom made tuned length (second order)
Carbs: IDA 48

The most expensive parts in this concept is the JE pistons, but I feel they are nessecery if the calculated power should be optained.

All the parts will of course be inspected and modified (linebored, shuffle pinned, balanced, fullflowed etc ..........) to take the higher output.

Heads:

The heads will recive a little welding in some areas and ported to achive as high flow as possible in the limitations of the calculated port size.

Cam:

I will use a cam with split duration, fk45 intake and fk44 exhaust.The less ex duration will give a superior midrange without loosing top end, if the ex port flows enough, a good choise when using a "Hi-Po" engine on
the street.

I have decided to use a 40mm intake valve because of the 86mm bore, and the valve will not be moved to the center of the cylinder, a bigger valve will be to much shrouded from the cylinder wall.

Calculation:

The formula I will use to see how much rpm the 40mm valve will be good for is:

RPM = 3300000xPort dia xPort dia / BorexBore xStroke

This formula is based on a mean port velocity at 110m / s or (360ft / s), and the Port dia is the smallest area in the port.

As this engine is going to be used as a street engine the smallest port size I will use is 0,88 x valve dia (0,88 x40 = 35,2 mm)

RPM calculation: 3300000x35, 2x35, 2/86x86x69 = 8012rpm

The teoretical rpm where peak power will be is 8012 rpm.

Now we have the RPM, diplacement but not the Bmep, a realistic Bmep is between 12-13 bar (171-185psi), so I choose 12,5 bar Bmep.With this information we can calculate the POWER of the "mouse motor".

Formula:

P = Displ x rpm x Bmep/910

POWER = 1,603 x 8012 x 12,5 / 910 = 176,4 hp

This is the power that could be expected from the "mouse motor" if everything is properly done.

With properly done I mean everything like heads, compression, cam timing, exhaust length, intake length, friction etc ..................... .

I will start on this project in the next week but as I run a company it will take some time to finish it, probably in mars 2008th

During that time I will keep you updated with pictures and info as the project continous.

When the "mouse motor" is done there will be som serious dyno testing and tuning, hopefully we will see the numbers that i come up with in the calculations above.

To me, this is what I belive is "Thinking outside the box" and "The next level".

With Best Regards

Johannes Persson
JP Motorsport
Sweden

In this case the input channel 35.2 mm made ​​sure that the output is large enough to remain at 32 mm.
Because you enter more koluchesto the mixture of fuel also has more exhaust fumes, I agree that the exhaust coming out under higher pressure but it creates a burden on the engine. SO I THINK
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 18:53:26 pm by mrmut » Logged
mrmut

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 20:25:28 pm »

I found something on the French who understand, understand that you do not understand try to understand
Welcome
http://www.flat4ever.com/projet-1776c
Here there are about head
mrmut

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 20:54:35 pm »

I found something about the ports on the head
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tech/0610phr_cylinder_head_porting/index.html
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: