The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:00:55 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350681 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  My 48 year odyssey - One fine day
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: My 48 year odyssey - One fine day  (Read 14875 times)
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 21:58:53 pm »

The Plumbing Lounge  Grin

And about a book, that would be great, but you can also keep the stories and pics coming here  Grin
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 22:03:58 pm by Nico86 » Logged

Speed-Randy

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2011, 04:46:50 am »

John, have you had the drain lines cleared out. If not, it will happen again shortly. You should have 2 drain lines on that AC, the primary going to a sink drain, the secondary going outside over a window or door. If the secondary is dripping it means the primary is clogged. It needs to be clear and since the secondary is outside it's very susceptible to spider webs and other small insects. A quick blast of air will usually clear them, but will make a mess on other end so cover things up. Great story, you should write a book, they are all very enjoyable to read

I know we're off the topic now, but I will say thanks for the input.  I was aware of all of this and did check on the lines and they were clear.  Problem was the pan had rotted out thus the drains never got to go into action...  Cry Cry  The unit had been up there for 17 years so I guess it just lived it's life up.  New unit has a plastic liner in the pan AND I have also installed a shut off should the lines become blocked and the water rises the unit should shut down which would make me go up to see why.  Embarrassed Embarrassed  Beyond this the only thing to do is check it every hour... Wink  Based on the previous unit's life I doubt I'll live long enough to deal with the problem again, so I'll leave it for the next owner.

Regarding the writing of a book.  Don't you think I should learn how to SPELL first??   Grin Grin

there's a spell check button right next to the post button, and Word has one as well. Just a thought Wink Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: