The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 14:06:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350681 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6820 Members
Latest Member: chicochemxli
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  The engine access window
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: The engine access window  (Read 25949 times)
Taylor

« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2011, 12:03:28 pm »

If you need some I have a few. Ill need to check the condition,  haven't looked in that box for a while.
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2011, 14:41:20 pm »

Thanks Taylor, I'll just get a pair from WW. I'm pretty sure I can make the existing holes a bit bigger and they'll work perfectly. Brilliant idea Smiley

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2011, 17:54:37 pm »

I was also thinking you could use the small round metal access covers for the shift rod hole found in the spare tire area.
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2011, 19:00:26 pm »

That was my plan for the access panels, actually using steering box inspection covers since they are larger. And unfortunately the buldge in the shift rod cover isn't nearly deep enough to clear the pump rod. It's ridiculously long. I might be able to use an early rod that uses a split pin against the pump lever instead of the long adjusting nut and jam nut... That could save me up to 3/4"... Then the shift rod covers might do the trick. Something to think about. For now I'll just use the '67 latch rubbers. Easy to do with the motor still in the car. I'll upgrade when the motor comes out.

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: