The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:59:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350681 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6820 Members
Latest Member: chicochemxli
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  54 cal look convertible
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 54 cal look convertible  (Read 15238 times)
LuftsickTero

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2008, 21:56:02 pm »

glenn why have you put 4 vent grill on the deckild ,those  look vent for a super bettle decklid Huh correct me if i'm wrong   Roll Eyes

Maybe Oval 'Vert engine lids weren't easily available back then neither and people were less anal  Wink

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
team97
DKK

3M TA3

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2008, 21:58:39 pm »

This car had alot of little details that involved late model parts. Fred Elliott built the decklid to incorporate the late model theme with the W decklid and the top on the car was actually late model frame work combined with early framework (rear window frame and rear /front header) I was reading the article above and Fred did the dash as you see it in the pictures and I installed the Scat seats and center console along with door panels and a LeCarra steering wheel. (Fred originally had Scheel? seats in it). I've got a couple of stories that I can write about soon.

Glenn

Der Kleiner Panzers III
D.K.K.
LuftsickTero

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2008, 22:35:37 pm »

the top on the car was actually late model frame work combined with early framework (rear window frame and rear /front header)

Don't want to put down the car or anything, but the rear window looks too big for an Oval, IMHO, close the same size as my '60 has. The top frame on the other hand seems to have at least the older style main bow as the top has higher hump at that point than it would have with post '60 main bow.. Also the rear view mirror (that looks like is lacking a mounting screw) in the Trends article is later than Oval one.

Cool car anyway, really like the 80's stuff and really wish that I could have lived that period elsewhere than in here Smiley

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2008, 23:06:32 pm »

well, i really like that car!! and i definitely have to say, though i'm not a big fan of the 4 vents in general, i really like them on this car!!

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2008, 01:52:37 am »

the top on the car was actually late model frame work combined with early framework (rear window frame and rear /front header)

Don't want to put down the car or anything, but the rear window looks too big for an Oval, IMHO, close the same size as my '60 has. The top frame on the other hand seems to have at least the older style main bow as the top has higher hump at that point than it would have with post '60 main bow.. Also the rear view mirror (that looks like is lacking a mounting screw) in the Trends article is later than Oval one.

Cool car anyway, really like the 80's stuff and really wish that I could have lived that period elsewhere than in here Smiley

Splitting hairs here, but the fuel tank is from a later model as well Roll Eyes

I liked it better with no chrome! Grin

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2009, 14:01:12 pm »

found another picture of the 54

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2009, 14:05:05 pm »

2 more at bug in 27

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2009, 14:06:50 pm »

bug in 28

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2009, 17:17:31 pm »

found more about hte car in vw classics mag  Wink

Brian Rogers

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2009, 05:34:49 am »

I like it with the Mahles, anyone can do Fuchs. Gotta do something on mine. What do you call it? Inspiration or guilt that I haven't been working on mine?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 05:37:15 am by Brian Rogers » Logged
Neil Davies

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2011, 10:20:45 am »

This might seem quite random, but bear with me...

I was having a trawl round the net, as you do, and I came across a story on Jalopnik about banned California license plates - http://jalopnik.com/5830513/100-license-plates-banned-by-the-california-dmv/gallery/1 - when something got my interest!

What are the chances of finding a random website, the day after the story is posted, with only one example plate given in the story, and knowing who had that plate? Shocked

Anyway, looks like Glenn can't have his old number plate back... Cheesy

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
carlito421

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2011, 02:52:50 am »

I love that line lock switch!

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: