The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 10:47:38 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  What crap looks like.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: What crap looks like.  (Read 13276 times)
edcraig

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2011, 17:50:38 pm »

Thanks to all for the opinions and suggestions.  Actually, there was a reason why I choose the filter and regulator that I did, (type of, but not the brand).  It was more style directed.  However, function and safety might push both products to a new direction.  To better explain, my goal was to re-create the look of a late model club car from the late 60’s/70’s.  As most were purchased new or close to new, the majority of modifications were only in certain areas of the car.  Wheels were changed.  (Usually to 8 Spokes or Fuch alloys, or chrome stock wheels)  The car was lowered, and the motor was modified.  If nothing else, at least with a new exhaust, 010 Distributor, and Carbs.  Interior usually had a steering wheel update and maybe some floor mats, (coco or sisal), and a new shifter.  (I really tried to locate a original Deano Shifter, but gave up and used a Berg) The balance of the car was left pretty much original.  This really wasn’t a true cal look car, but again, pretty common for late models car in So Cal during that time.  My goal with my Ghia was to follow that theme.

So what do you call this style today?.  It’s certainly not custom and I don’t consider it true vintage.  I would say that it’s not even Cal-Look.  So I’m calling it “Cal Vintage”.  Original in look, but with period correct modifications to wheels and motor and interior. The balance of the car has the appearance of original.  I tried to keep everything within the look of that time period.  Even using products like Sisal Mats, 010 Distributor, and as noted, gas filter and regulator of that era. 
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 00:25:25 am »

I think your car is perfectly Cal Look, Ed. And really dig what you've done with it. Less is more.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
So.Cal.Life

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2011, 14:54:27 pm »

Are fire extinguishers{ perfectly Cal Look } ?? Or is a great car reduced to a burnt pile??  Have priorities and" think" about the safety of you"re loved ones, friends, who may ride with you, and yes you"re cars. I know that this sounds preachy , I just don"t want to read about someones horrible loss when it simply could have been prevented. I have seen way to much of it.
marc1951

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2011, 16:26:43 pm »

So what do you call this style today?.  It’s certainly not custom and I don’t consider it true vintage.  I would say that it’s not even Cal-Look.  So I’m calling it “Cal Vintage”.  Original in look, but with period correct modifications to wheels and motor and interior. The balance of the car has the appearance of original.  I tried to keep everything within the look of that time period.  Even using products like Sisal Mats, 010 Distributor, and as noted, gas filter and regulator of that era. 

Cal-Vintage ?...................perfect!!

Marc

The legendary DRA car club
(Der Rennmeister Association)
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: