The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 03:42:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351100 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  10 sek street legal all steel N/A looker
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 10 sek street legal all steel N/A looker  (Read 6128 times)
Roman

« on: August 25, 2011, 22:31:39 pm »

My -59 has been collecting dust for a couple of years now and I have been thinking of selling it as I have found a very nice boat.
I have no money problem and the priced is fixed. First come first served!

Car:
1959 type 1 that I bought from the first owner about 6 or 7 years ago. Actually it was only driven to church on sundays and has always been garaged. She didn't wax or polish it, so I haven't done it either. About 105000 km on the speedo and I have driven it the last 1000.
99.99% rust free, never welded and is straight except for inner fender on the right rear side and the engine lid where I puonded some to get room for the Terminators I had on the car a couple of years ago. This is no sawzall special, it could be brought back to stock with a minimum of work. Fully street legal specification and it isn’t lightened.

Front end lowered with torsion adjusters
Sway away 30 mm short torsion bars with Sway away plates and Jim Larsen torsion bar holder.

Interior:
Summit black poly seats in the front and 3" red 5-point belts for both the passenger and the driver.
Ron Lummus chrome moly roll bar with optional passenger door bar and bars to the trans mount.
Autometer 5" Ultra lite dual range tachometer with memory, shiftlite and oil pressure warning light.
Autometer oil temp, oil pressure and brake pressure gauges.
Berg old style shifter.

Brakes: Stock restored front, type 3 drums at the back. New dual circuit master cylinder with Volvo reservoir. Hurst Roll control line lock.

Wheels: Erco zero offsetraceweight, rears are CMS raceweight custom made 8" (same manufacturer as Erco).

Transmission:
002 bus with all new close ratio gears and spool built by KCR Transmissions.
No pro rings or other race stuff – this is a street car and you can shift fast as h*ll anyway.
Folts swing axle conversion.
Berg solid mounts with wheelie bar mont and wheelie bars.

Engine:
2816 cc (4.02” x 86 mm) based on a CB Performance case with moved head studs
JPM oil flow modification, raceware 12 point aircraft quality case nuts.
Raceware 10 mm cylinder head studs and nuts (12 point). 

Scat flanged crank with all type 4 main journals and chevy rod journals.
Scat flanged flywheel

5.7” Carrillo rods

Custom made 4” X-design, gas ported CP pistons, the best of the best. Lighter then a normal 94 mm piston. This is not the first set I have specified, the two earlier still lives in 10 second N/A cars, but these are both stronger and lighter. Light weight pins with DLC coating.
Rings are total seal STEEL low tension coated rings, not cast iron.

Custom made JPM Raptor cam and lifters, new and still in the box + a Engle FK 98 New in box.

JPM 4” heads. The first ever made. Ported by JPM with 51 x 37 – 7 mm stem Del West Titanium valves with titanuim retainers and even titanium keepers (Nascar stuff!!!!). Probably the best heads he have ever made – a real masterpice.
Of course they have the JPM 5 bolt rockers!

JPM intake manifolds custom made for oval throttle bodies.

Custom oval throttle bodies,  95% complete. Needs return springs and a linkage and some milling to make them look better. Casting plug for carbon velocity stacks including carbon socks, weave and resin. They are computer designed for best flow and are made with SLA technique by GT Prototypes. The plug is silly expensive…

Autocraft Pulley modified with drive for vacuum pump.

Star mini vacuum pump with billet exhaust/intake tank, hoses and regulator, brand new.

Deep sump with autocraft suction filter.

Alternator

Scat dog fan housing – new.

SETRAB big oil cooler

Oil filter holder with Geers billet oil filter.

All hoses are braided with aluminium fittings

Custom made A1 step header with oxygen bung, stinger and fully polished 3” muffler for the street.

EFI fuel pump, filter and regulator. Probably the only thing that isn’t bought new on the engine. It is from Mike Lawless blue ghia when he converted to mechanical fuel injection and it is flawless.

Missing parts to make it a complete running engine:
Oil pump, push rod tubes, push rods, clutch, valve covers bearings and completion of the throttle bodies.

Work that has to be done:
Hone the cylinders to oversize and cut them to length, make valve pockets in the pistons, piston ring fitting etc.

The engine has been dynoed to 286 hp on JPM's dyno with Terminators with a flat cam before additional porting and without vacuum pump on pump gas. It should make 320 hp - at least with this setup still having good driveabilty and I am not talking BS.
The car has made 10.966- 196 km/h, straight as an arrow (with a flat cam and slipping clutch). I have tested the top speed and is still stable.
This is a an engine where no expenses whatsoever have been spared.

I am not interested in ANY trades.
If you don’t have the money, talk to the bank before me.
If you have a wife, ask her if it is OK first.

I am asking 13 000€ and the price is firm. Just the heads and the tranny has costed me a lot more.
All engine and transmission parts has 10 runs or less down the quarter.
Video of the first run down the quarter with the 4" bore engine against a supercharged big block Pontiac.
http://www.garaget.org/video/3597

The car is capable of very low 10's

Anders Roman

Contact me by phone +46 70 53 54 770 or PM
Roman

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 22:40:28 pm »

Picture
Roman

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 22:41:46 pm »

Picture
71CALRIPPER

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 08:11:17 am »

Bargain dude ...
Roman

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 09:44:28 am »

Bargain dude ...

It sure is!

One more video:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Te50Rt0vHvs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Te50Rt0vHvs</a>
Roman

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 10:56:52 am »

Bargain dude ...

It sure is!

One more video, this is with the old engine, about 100 hp less than the current:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Te50Rt0vHvs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Te50Rt0vHvs</a>
marcus ösd

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 11:28:53 am »

Come on now roman, hang up the fishing rods and finish this super cool car. You might be fed up with racing now but it will strike you again and then you have to start all over again.
If i had the means i had bought it, straight up.
max2919

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 17:14:22 pm »

Come on now roman, hang up the fishing rods and finish this super cool car. You might be fed up with racing now but it will strike you again and then you have to start all over again.
If i had the means i had bought it, straight up.

X2

VW 57 Ghia RLR 2919cc TURBO!
Porsche 356A Coupe replika.
Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 15:53:29 pm »

X3

It's always good to take some time out and come back with a fresh look on things. As Marcus has said you will have to start all over again if you sell it.

Hahaha your killing me.........
Roman

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 21:08:09 pm »

SOLD!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: