The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 17:12:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Carpet for 64 Bug
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Carpet for 64 Bug  (Read 2090 times)
Fritter

« on: January 28, 2012, 19:05:50 pm »

I'm looking to buy a carpet kit to finish my 64. I don't want the rubber mat, I'd like full carpeting. I want to buy light grey. Doesn't have to be German square weave either, some type of close facsimile will work. I also don't want that rear piece that goes up to the window, I want it like stock. What's the best kit?  Leaning towards TMI but I know there are others...

Mike F.
'64 Indigo Blue sunroof Bug
deano

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 19:26:22 pm »

Look at Wolfsburg West

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Fritter

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 19:32:17 pm »

I don't see non rubber mat carpets at WW. Maybe I'll call them and see if they can make them. I know WW stuff will fit right at least...

Mike F.
'64 Indigo Blue sunroof Bug
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 19:37:20 pm »

Wolfsburg West kits are pretty good (fit wise), but you can only get it one way: Factory. TMI is slightly more versatile, but the fit isn't as good. And if you want full carpets, they come cut just like the original floor mats (big one in front, big one in rear, over the tunnel style).

If you want something other than stock, I HIGHLY recommend getting carpet custom fitted. The fit is better than any kit, and you can have it any way you want. I know I'm a trimmer so it's easy for me to say, but I think custom fit carpet is a HUGE improvement over kits. It just looks soooo much better.

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
ibg

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 12:49:14 pm »

Newton commercial made very fine kits, great details around hand brake etc, a good synthetic carpet as well as squareweave. RHD, LHD and very specific year kits. I was extremely pleased with mine. much better than TMI.   RHD '69 Ghia. Sent to Australia, great service.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: