The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 17:43:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350645 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Thurber's 63
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Thurber's 63  (Read 41616 times)
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2011, 21:55:44 pm »

Late-model plugs... Gotta say 'T1' at the end...

Jeez, look at us – plug snobs!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Cheesepanzer

« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2011, 01:29:25 am »

Yep, they say "T1" at the end.

62 Beetle (street/strip build)
63 Type 2 Single Cab
Cornpanzers
Fritter

« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2017, 20:53:55 pm »

Old thread...but did anyone ever find out the paint code that Mark Thurber used on his old car? 

Mike F.
'64 Indigo Blue sunroof Bug
TheNick80

« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2017, 04:48:34 am »

Hey Keith, you really are (fast)! truth is I did think about it, but after my big rambling speech in my last p.m. to you, I thought you might have had enough of my crap for a while and wanted to take a break  Grin  Great pic though, thanks, Ill have to try Mike O'Neill to see if he can obtain pics of Thurber's dash, and how the car looked when Rick owned it, I wouldn't have a clue how to find Rick, who bought Marks car, but O'Neill possibly can, we'll see.       Thanks, KG

And....... Rick was going to turn Ron's car into a fully-decked out A/MC race car at first.

That would be Rick Rockman, Dean... Rick Goodin bought Thurb's car according to KG.  Here's a pic that's been seen before but I'll add it here again.  Ron's car ran a potent 1700 and a Joe Hunt mag (not to mention a stock fuel pump Shocked Shocked ).  Back then, that mag scared a lot of potential competitors off! Grin Cool

Sorry if this is off topic, or a bit random, but what kind of generator pulley cover is that? I like it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 04:50:05 am by NICK_67 » Logged

"There is a Fine line between stupid and Clever"
chris67bug

« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2017, 15:03:47 pm »

Always loved this car after I first saw a pic of it in Keith's (Seume) book years ago.  The colour and stance were perfect.   I take it that the car has never been found?

There’s nothing like building up an old automobile from scratch and wiping out one of these Detroit machines. That’ll give you a set of emotions that’ll stay with you. Know what I mean? Those satisfactions are permanent.

– G.T.O. Two Lane Blacktop
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: