The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:07:50 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350692 Posts in 28578 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Daiken Super Disc problem help !!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Daiken Super Disc problem help !!!!  (Read 5104 times)
Black Sheep

less is more

« on: May 20, 2007, 22:13:24 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys .
This may just be me missing something , as this is my first quick engine , but has anyone else had problems with the Daiken heavy duty super disc . I bought mine a few years back and now ive come to use it ive found that its not got a deep enough center section to reach the gear box shaft .
I`m using it with a kennedy pressure plate on a 12 pound 200mm fly wheel . Can any one help , is this a faulty part or am i missing something.
Any help will be greatfully recieved.

http://www.vwspeedshop.com/store/pr...&cat=285&page=1

this is a picture of the disc i found at vwspeedshop

Stick with what you know works .
13.03 @ 98mph
samba66

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 10:34:14 am »

Are you sure it is not the pressure plate as that is designed for early and late release bearings you need to take the ring off centre of plate Huh
Roman

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 20:27:06 pm »

I think Samba 66 is right. Compare it to a stock disc, it should have the same measurement as the Daikin (approx 25 mm from surface to the end of the snout).
Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 21:51:22 pm »

Well Glen if it does not work i think you should just give me your car.

Give up and buy a Mini or a Morris Minor. Grin

Hahaha your killing me.........
richie

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 16:29:45 pm »

Glen,ignoring the stupid answers,
I measured a stocker and get 1.235inches, a dual friction disc 1.380 inches and a black magic  .960 inches,this is taken from the surface that goes to the flywheel up to the end of the slines the other side,hope this helps cheers richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 19:52:49 pm »

Ok guys its ok now I'm over here at Glenn's and i now have a 49 bug and Glenn has a 74 Mini Clubman. No we have now worked out it was the wrong clutch disc that was sold to Glenn by a well known performance parts supplier. Grin

Edit sorry did not have a spell check on this PC and thank for your diligence but the clutch is wrong and yes it fit's the Mini Clubman.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 21:14:51 pm by 49-rag » Logged

13.03 @ 98mph
Peter Roberts

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 20:35:10 pm »

I've got one of those discs , in pretty much every car I've built , I've had no problems .

Glad to see the spell-check is working well  Tongue Grin

Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 21:49:11 pm »

Thanks for all your input guys , I now believe Ive solved the problem .  Cheesy I went out and bought a Sach heavy duty disc listed for use for a 912 , 914  , with the 901 box in mind . Having said that its the similar to a old 200mm type 1 disc i had laying about , when compared to the Daiken heavy duty item the splined centre section is at least 19mm higher when the two were laid flat on the bench side by side .
I believe the Daiken heavy duty item i purchased must have been a freak faulty one , but if any one wants to fit it to a car they are more than welcome , I'm sure the motor would sound great but I don't believe they would be going anywhere very fast .  Roll Eyes

13.03 @ 98mph
Peter Roberts

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 07:22:30 am »

Oh , so you aren't using a T1 box , that would explain why it doesn't fit then . I suggest you speak to your parts supplier , if the part is wrong or faulty , I am sure they would have no problem sorting the problem out for you .
Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 18:13:50 pm »

Hi Pete .
 After having a good look and a bloody good measure with the steel rule at both the 901 box and a type one swing axle box , I cant find any difference in the main shaft position or dimensions of it .
So I'm still at a loss , but i do intend to address the suppler with my dilemma . I'm not to interested in remuneration as Ive had it for a couple of year prior to using it ( my own fault there ) I only posted this to see if any one else had encountered a similar problem .
I'm now even having doubts as to the identity of this clutch as it does not have the nice Daiken emblem embossed upon it as found on the regular Daiken super disc with the black not gold centre .
Hey ho this is all getting rather involved for a dodgy clutch , best to keep it simple and go with what you know , that's why I went out and bought a Sach`s.
Keep well Glenn.

13.03 @ 98mph
Peter Roberts

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 16:47:30 pm »

That's cool , as long as it lets you progress with getting it on the road , good luck with the car , hope to see you roadworthy soon  Grin Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: