The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:59:21 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  The Auto Haus Picnic
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Auto Haus Picnic  (Read 5933 times)
johnl

« on: October 27, 2011, 20:06:02 pm »

These are some photos from the only Auto Haus Picnic that I can remember having as a company.  Ed Craig and I have talked about this and we are both trying to remember where and when it took place.  Maybe once Ed sees the photos again he may be able to contribute.

I'm going from memory here on some of the people who most of you will not know, but many were instrumental in creating the industry you've all come to know.

The first shot going left to right is Barbara Olcott who was a in a long time relationship with Jere Aldahf.  Next to here is Ricky Rosevear, Ron's youngest and Linda Roseverar, Lynn's wife has her back to you.  In the foreground is Cheryl Rosevear who was Ron's only daughter.   The fellow in the white T shirt and tan pants is Al Locke who worked in the warehouse.  Larry Rosevear, Ron's second son is wearing the AH shirt pointing towards us.  The others I can't remember, but as stated before maybe Ed can.

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 60 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2023

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
johnl

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 20:10:32 pm »

I can only identify a couple in this shot.  Far left is Barbara Olcott and just to her right is Sue Cooley the wife of Bruce Cooley.  I've written the story of Bruce prior so you can search for it.  Ed and I have tried over the years to locate Sue but have never had any luck.  She and Barb were both really sweet hearts.

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
johnl

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 20:14:55 pm »

The "game".  Can't identify people in this one or tell you where it was, but that was probably the majority of the company.  Note the girls in the "rooting section" and the Bus parked at the top of the photo.

johnl

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 20:18:58 pm »

Here we have Les White dancing with Christie Lazenby.  Les was English and a real card.  We became close friends and we still exchange Christmas cards.  He later became very big in E-Jags.

Ed Craig always lusted for those "Plad" pants that Les is sporting.   Wink Wink Wink Wink

johnl

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 20:21:42 pm »

Sue Cooley in the foreground. 

johnl

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 20:34:14 pm »

I think Barbara is in the foreground with her back to us.  On the far left is Barbara Moon and if she is the one I remember the MOON shirt was more than appropriate as she was well blessed.  Ed, can you chime in on this one??

That is me with my back to the camera.  Note the DKP burgundy cords.  Les White to the right and the lady sitting in the center is Verona (Ronnie) Rosevear, Ron & Lynn's mom. 

johnl

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 20:38:34 pm »

On the left I think is Ed Craig sitting in the chair.  Les White standing with the Auto Haus wife beather shirt on.  Far right standing is the lovely Linda Rosevear.  She was also a real sweet gal and quite the looker.  That is me sitting on the ground with the hat.

johnl

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 20:41:30 pm »

Les White on the left, myself in the center.  I think the lady with her back to us is Verona Rosevear and Barbara Olcott almost out of the right frame.

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 23:38:54 pm »

Thank you for sharing John !
 Smiley
edcraig

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 02:43:38 am »

Note how stylish my hawaiian shirt is!!  haha

The only other person I can see here John is Walt Johnson.  Walt was a member of DVB is remember correctly.  I made many Glamis runs with Walt and his family.

ED

Legendary DRA
johnl

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 03:04:43 am »

Note how stylish my hawaiian shirt is!!  haha

The only other person I can see here John is Walt Johnson.  Walt was a member of DVB is remember correctly.  I made many Glamis runs with Walt and his family.

ED

Legendary DRA

Ed, I thought for sure you would have something to say about Barbara Moon and what was under the shirt.....

El Dub

Nostalgia VW addicted!

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 07:35:02 am »

Thank so much for sharing all those pictures and stories John!

I wonder where are gone all those Auto-haus T-shirts and caps??? Wink

johnl

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 15:32:31 pm »

Thank so much for sharing all those pictures and stories John!

I wonder where are gone all those Auto-haus T-shirts and caps??? Wink

I thought they were in your closet with your Sombrero collection..    Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 16:20:12 pm »

thx for sharing with us john , is cool to see how was the camaraderie at that time , now don't know if it's possible to do the same in those strange days  Undecided

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: