The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 18:39:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351082 Posts in 28639 Topics by 6845 Members
Latest Member: DonA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  For Sale: Tax exempt 1972 GT Beetle
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: For Sale: Tax exempt 1972 GT Beetle  (Read 1852 times)
Happychappy

« on: November 12, 2011, 14:29:45 pm »

I was hoping to keep hold of this for a few years but it has to go and with the arrival of our first born less than a month away life priorities come first!

It is a tax exempt 1972 GT Beetle with m.o.t and tax disc until the end of May 2012.  The last m.o.t had one advisory which was a weak horn that has now been replaced.  The car didn't come with any history but I never found that a problem and is HPI clear.

It has an adjustable front beam with Bugpack shocks and disc brakes.  Also has an awesome rag top that doesn't leak at all.  It is currently wearing T-bars but I still have the original chrome bumpers and GT Beetle  steel sports wheels with nearly new Firestone tyres.  The wheels are empi 8 copies with 205/70 Nankang rears and 135 Nankang fronts. The inside has the original interior and currently has an Empi quick shifter but I also have the original wooden topped gear shifter and tunnel tray.

The heater channels are all solid, the heating works great including the screen vents.  The floor pan is also solid with no welding needed at all.

Engine and swing axle gearbox are original with 1600cc twin port that runs great and starts every time first time.  It has a quiet pack exhaust fitted but I also have the stock exhaust with stainless tail pipes.  The original plastic deck lid rain cover also comes with the car.

The paint isn't perfect with some bubbles appearing and there has been some welding by the previous owner on the car, however it is nearly 40 years old and does not detract from a great car that is usable as every day transport, solid and reliable and with very few GT Beetles left would be an appreciating classic.

We have had great time in the car travelling all over including down to London with the top back all the way, it is sad to see it go but I hope someone will enjoy it as much as we have.
Below are some pictures taken this morning.

£3250 o.v.n.o
Located Rugby England

Pm or call 07702080546

Cheers Paul

[imghttp://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1d811b3127ccefd28e5cf68dc00000030O00SatHLRu1ZA9vPh4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Happychappy

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 11:56:36 am »

Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: