The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 07:34:21 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350826 Posts in 28601 Topics by 6826 Members
Latest Member: Kona@2528
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  DKK Cruise Into The New Year Jan 7th 2012
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: DKK Cruise Into The New Year Jan 7th 2012  (Read 14079 times)
Worm
DKK

Whose stupid idea was that?

« on: November 19, 2011, 01:29:58 am »

DKK is very excited to once again host the Cruise into the New Year.  This year's event is expected to be quite the shindig.

Check out the flyer below and be sure to make it!  Greg Brinton from DKP is in the host band Rome Burnz, which will inevitably prove to be entertaining.  Lots of safe parking, great food, large park across the street, band, drinks, you name it.  This is one event not to miss.  See you there!

"Pretending to know everything closes the door on whats really there"
Speed-Randy

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 01:40:58 am »

I heard it's gonna rain Grin Grin, just kidding. I cant wait to see Greg's band, they're supposed to be really good

Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 01:43:39 am »

I heard it's gonna rain Grin Grin, just kidding. I cant wait to see Greg's band, they're supposed to be really good

Does that mean you're goona bring your sugar cube?  Grin Grin

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Speed-Randy

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 01:59:38 am »

I should have an actual driveway by then, Right now it is a 12" drop off outside the garage for the base and pavers to go in. Plus Becca's ghia and my notch project are in front of the "cube" right now

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 02:05:56 am »

It will be cool to have a driveway!

Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 02:54:53 am »

From previous events.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 02:57:41 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Worm
DKK

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 15:57:35 pm »

Hopefully Rob Kinney will have his motor done by then!!!!!!!

DKK - Lisa
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 01:12:19 am »

Dyno.. Dyno.. Dyno.. Dyno..  Cool

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 01:18:20 am by DKK Lisa » Logged
Worm
DKK

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 16:28:24 pm »

Getting fired up!  Greg Brinton's band is warming up, the Beachfire is tuning up, and I cant wait to do this!  Looks like the weather is going to be great that day as well.  Woo hoo!

DKK - Lisa
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 16:22:34 pm »

Almost here!!
bug

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 00:06:36 am »

From previous events.

Do somebody have more pictures of exhaust muffler from the mint green bug JS65DLX ?

Thanks,
Maurice

bugnut68

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 00:38:48 am »

Almost looks like a single-chamber Flowmaster?
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 00:42:04 am »

That's Jason Fosters from DKP. He's on here... I think his user name is Jason Foster

Rick Sadler

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 17:33:47 pm »

Yes it is Jason Foster.

Yes it is a single chamber Flowmaster.

Yes it is still on his engine.

Der Kleiner Panzers
bug

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 23:49:32 pm »

From previous events.

Do somebody have more pictures of exhaust muffler from the mint green bug JS65DLX ?

Thanks,
Maurice

Almost looks like a single-chamber Flowmaster?

That's Jason Fosters from DKP. He's on here... I think his user name is Jason Foster

Yes it is Jason Foster.

Yes it is a single chamber Flowmaster.

Yes it is still on his engine.

Thanks all for the information, I will ask him some pictures.

Maurice
johnl

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 02:10:31 am »

A few photos from the DKK gathering today.  Great event, great friends, great band (even I could heard them play) and last but not least great food.  Look forward to doing it again next year.

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 60 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2023

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
johnl

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 02:14:21 am »

More

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
johnl

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2012, 02:18:30 am »

and more

johnl

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2012, 02:21:11 am »

Last but not least a shot of Scott (The Ghia Man) with his awared presented for his new "Daily Driver".  Congrats Scott, the car looks great and also thanks for lunch........   Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2012, 06:41:01 am »

Hey John,

On the way home, I asked my son what was his favorite car and he said "The black one across the street."

So I'm thinking.. black one across the street... the only black car I remember was John's. so I quizzed him more on it and asked him to describe it.
Yep it was yours!

What can I say, he's got good taste!  Wink

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 06:44:56 am »

Thanks to everyone who showed up and made this event the success it was!

We were overwhelmed by the turn out.... we not expecting near the number of cars that we had.

Congratulations to Scott on his award. Your car is awesome!

johnl

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 15:51:57 pm »

Hey John,

On the way home, I asked my son what was his favorite car and he said "The black one across the street."

So I'm thinking.. black one across the street... the only black car I remember was John's. so I quizzed him more on it and asked him to describe it.
Yep it was yours!

Tell your son we said THANKS.  This is the problem with the car in that everytime I get an urge to change something and make it more of a Cal-Look "Hot Rod" someone comments like your son.  Driving down the 5 freeway to meet the other DKP guys at Knowlwoods I had a guy come by in a nice older BMW 3 series and give the the horn toot and thumbs up.  I guess there is something to be said for a mostly original not modified car.

Speed-Randy

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 16:51:10 pm »

Hey John,

Yep it was yours!

Tell your son we said THANKS.  This is the problem with the car in that everytime I get an urge to change something and make it more of a Cal-Look "Hot Rod" someone comments like your son.  Driving down the 5 freeway to meet the other DKP guys at Knowlwoods I had a guy come by in a nice older BMW 3 series and give the the horn toot and thumbs up.  I guess there is something to be said for a mostly original not modified car.
There is something to be said " It needs to be lowered with wheels and a big motor" Grin Grin

johnl

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2012, 16:51:38 pm »

Here is the link to yesterdays gathering on SoCal Car Culter:  http://public.fotki.com/wackydave/car_shows/car-shows-2012/3rd-annual-dkk-crui/  My long time friend Dave Lindsay showed up and as always provided some great shots with detail.  For those of you not familiar with the site go to:  http://www.socalcarculture.com/index.htm 

Dave has well over 4,000,000 photos available and all the events listed.  His site is simply THE BEST.  He has also been kind enough to provide shots of our Chrysler Letter Car collection pulled into one file which is over 3.5 pages and also did the same for our "55 Imperial Newport and Town & Country wagon.  No matter what your "Automotive Taste" is you will find something on Dave's site.

johnl

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 16:55:11 pm »

Hey John,

Yep it was yours!

There is something to be said " It needs to be lowered with wheels and a big motor" Grin Grin

I'll let YOU explain that to my wife............    Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Worm
DKK

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 17:38:24 pm »

That is a GREAT link.... I picked a few highlights as a teaser.  As well, thanks to EVERYONE that came.  I can see we have a few kinks that can easily be worked out and next year will be even better.  Thanks to Rome Burnz!  They had more equipment than than the OZ Fest... ha.  Dyno, what can I say,,,,,Just.... Dyno.  Awesome.  Great to see families, friends, new friends etc...  There was something about not sitting in a parking lot all day.  I can see us aquiring more parking and some cheap food.  Maybe even find a way to use that huge park across the street (like the old days).  I did see some families playing with kids there... Great fun, great turnout, great people.  And Sarge had the best line all day!  I quote...."That trophy looked a lot bigger on the internet..."  Too funny dude.  Thanks again....  Please post some photos.

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2012, 23:05:27 pm »

And Sarge had the best line all day!  I quote...."That trophy looked a lot bigger on the internet..." 

Things ALWAYS look bigger on the internet Sarge!  Grin

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2012, 23:06:52 pm »

Here is the link to yesterdays gathering on SoCal Car Culter:  http://public.fotki.com/wackydave/car_shows/car-shows-2012/3rd-annual-dkk-crui/  My long time friend Dave Lindsay showed up and as always provided some great shots with detail.  For those of you not familiar with the site go to:  http://www.socalcarculture.com/index.htm 

Dave has well over 4,000,000 photos available and all the events listed.  His site is simply THE BEST.  He has also been kind enough to provide shots of our Chrysler Letter Car collection pulled into one file which is over 3.5 pages and also did the same for our "55 Imperial Newport and Town & Country wagon.  No matter what your "Automotive Taste" is you will find something on Dave's site.

Dave is the Man! I love his web site. Met him for the first time about 10 years ago, He's taken some of the best pictures I have of my '26.

Taylor

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2012, 23:24:38 pm »

Who's yellow/green '66 with brms is that? That car looks killer!
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2012, 23:43:51 pm »

Who's yellow/green '66 with brms is that? That car looks killer!

I don't know but it was one of the three finalists for the trophy.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: