The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 12:24:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350827 Posts in 28601 Topics by 6826 Members
Latest Member: Kona@2528
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  1957 oval - SOLD
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 1957 oval - SOLD  (Read 3423 times)
Balocco

« on: November 23, 2011, 23:51:57 pm »

The car is an oval window from 1957. I bought it in 2008 in and started driving it in the summer 2009 and it's been running great ever since. Before I got it it had been in storage from 76 or 77 as the previous owner chose to drive around in his type 3 variant instead.

It bought it in the northern parts of Sweden where there the weather is quite dry all year round, so besides some genuine patina the only rust I've found are in the outer lips of some of the fenders. There's some dents and dings, but no signs of previous welding. It seem to have been resprayed at sometime before it was put into storage. The paint is heavily oxidized and some areas has some primer showing as well as some bare metal with light surface rust. Depending on lighting, if it's newly washed etc, the paint shifts from showing some metallic hues to look like flat military dark grey. Run it as it is or give it a new coat of paint.

The interior is a bit worn but still has the original door panels, headliner and back seats, but the front seats are one oval era pattern and one from the 60s (the seats in the pictures are not in the car anymore).

Engine and gearbox are stock 30hp and split case with non-syncro 1st. The front brakes and beam came from a 63 if I remember correctly. The beam is narrowed by 15mm/side and has dual Avis style adjusters turned so the highest position is a little lower than stock. The inner profile of the shock towers are shaved and the towers are internally strengthened. The original beam and brakes are still untouched and can be fitted instead, the choice is yours.

Front tires are 135x15 in fair condition and the rears are 205/70x15 that were new for this summer and have about 2000 kms on them. Wheels are MWS Empi 5s in anthracite. On some pics they might look oxidized but they are treated with a plastic polish that if treated (in?)correctly creates a fine white oxide like surface.

The overall apperance of the car is a little rough and worn, but it drives so smooth and gives that tight feeling you can get from cars that haven't been dismantled countless times. The engine is reliable and runs good. Heating, electrics etc is fully functional. The only question mark is the Eberspächer supplementary which I have not tested as the fuel lines had dried out, so I chose to disconnect them instead.

It's located in Uppsala, Sweden. Arlanda, Swedens largest Airport is a 30 minute drive away, and Västerås about 60 minutes, so it's fully possible to get a cheap flight over here to check it out.
I might be able to assist with transport to another location in Sweden, like the ports of Göteborg or Malmö, if it's needed.

More pics available through this link
https://picasaweb.google.com/101856718492835638928/OvalForSale

SOLD!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 21:11:12 pm by Balocco » Logged

Type 1 59 fake split project, Type 1 "US 67", Type 2 61 11W sunroof, Type 2 1961 15W
Ninho/DKM

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 12:36:30 pm »

Sent you an e-mail.

1974 Superbeetle Porsche affected and influenced
1957 Gasser Project work in progress
1973 Thing type 181 Civil version (sold)
1959 Bug waiting attentions
1963 Surfin'Bird Street and Strip race Bug 1776cc Best E/T 14,769 at Hills Race#10

www.Surfinbirdbug.blogspot.it
www.Ninho-Reloaded.blogspot.it
Balocco

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 15:19:39 pm »

I'll check my email then.
Thanks!

Type 1 59 fake split project, Type 1 "US 67", Type 2 61 11W sunroof, Type 2 1961 15W
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: