The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:06:55 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  HOT VW's - Thank you Deano
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: HOT VW's - Thank you Deano  (Read 6321 times)
Russell

« on: November 26, 2011, 18:05:58 pm »

Guys

Just got the latest issue of HOT VW's (a must buy/read) and am thrilled to see a 3 Gasser cover with Tar Babe, Inch Pincher 1 and Lightening Bug 1 in full glory. Then to find a VW Gasser Garage 4 page feature on each car with some fantastic photos and correct history as well a being printed on what appears to be a better quality paper made this a very special moment for me, i am both very proud and delighted and want to say a massive THANK YOU to Deano and his team and HOT VW's.

I would also like to once again thank the entire VW Gasser Garage Team: Richie Webb, Ray Schubert, Kevin Dawson, Wray Morrison and Dale Clark as well as Simon, Shane and Bob at the Planet "Paint" Box, Neil Melliard at Prosign along with Bernie and Lewis from Bernard Newbury Coachtriming, Ron Fleming at FAT and Keith Oldbrit at Ultra VW.

These cars and the others take a lot of work and everyone has played a part, but this is made easier by the fact that we all love old VW Gassers.

Deano, a heartfelt Thank You, looking forward to BugIn 2012 in CA where Lightening Bug will make its USA debut.

Best Regards

Russell
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 18:11:44 pm »

Great feature(s) Deano – I know you'd have to have worked hard to get that much space in the mag. Well done! Cool

And as the guy in a skirt says, here's to Bug-In 2012 and the side-by-side Lightning Bugs!

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 23:01:21 pm »

hope my copy will arrive soon

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
beatnik beetle

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 11:44:06 am »

I want to get all Gwyneth Paltrow as well Smiley..a friend bought his copy over to the shop yesterday so I have only had a sneaky peak. Im honoured to get to work on the Gasser Garage cars and to see the three on the cover of Hot Vw's is the icing on the cake , what a year..thanks to all involved it means a lot..Si
Fritter

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 21:01:08 pm »

Great feature(s) Deano – I know you'd have to have worked hard to get that much space in the mag. Well done! Cool

And as the guy in a skirt says, here's to Bug-In 2012 and the side-by-side Lightning Bugs!

I'll definitely have to pick up this issue. Thanks for all you do for the hobby Russell!  What are the BugIn 2012 dates, I need to get out there for this.

Mike F.
'64 Indigo Blue sunroof Bug
Cheesepanzer

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 01:45:23 am »

Mine arrived today - awesome!  Really great stuff.  Thanks for what you do.   Cool

62 Beetle (street/strip build)
63 Type 2 Single Cab
Cornpanzers
bugnut68

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 19:55:36 pm »

I just got mine in the mail yesterday... loved the stories on all three cars, though I previously read about Tar Babe in Ultra VW.  I did have a question about the Lightning Bug replica, there was a reference about the Porsche Spyder wheels and James Dean's 550... did the wheels on the original LB in theory come off of Dean's car, or am I misinterpreting the reference?  If that's the case, that's pretty spooky... just wondering.  I'll re-read it later tonight, I may just have not remembered what I read the first time correctly.
deano

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 20:30:33 pm »

About the silly comment about James Dean's wheels. I was kidding about those wheels, only, anyone that has old Porsche Spyder parts usually draws their origin to once being on James Dean's car... Like the famous transaxle that was being hocked for 50k, etc. Just ignore those comments.

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
bugnut68

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 21:06:40 pm »

Ahhh... gotcha.  It certainly got my attention! lol Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: