The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:16:17 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351056 Posts in 28638 Topics by 6845 Members
Latest Member: DonA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  First time Build
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: First time Build  (Read 3184 times)
callookaberdonian

« on: December 07, 2011, 14:03:32 pm »

Hi all I have been intrested in aircooled volkswagens for the last 20 years and I have finally done it looks like I have a 73 heading my way going for a Cal look style, hoping to build my first VW engine, have built others but never a Vw one Undecided Anyone know of some good books I can purchase on the Subject? Dont see many Aircooled VW's Here (aberdeen scotland) and I am hoping to have mine on the road street driven every day by summer! Wish me luck!  Smiley
71CALRIPPER

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 14:34:41 pm »

(aberdeen scotland)

Your not alone ...... Grin Prob some of the best VWS in the world are near by ..
callookaberdonian

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 18:03:38 pm »

I believe so Mr Russell Ritchie has some of the most amazing cars ever built! Not sure my first will be anywhere near as good but you gotta start somewhere  Smiley
kev d

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 09:42:58 am »

Hows the 'looker coming on then?
Are you on the aberdeen aircooled forum btw?
Theres more of us round here than you think... Grin
Cheers
Kev

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
callookaberdonian

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 19:04:39 pm »

Hey kev very slowly as in not started yet had a few issues getting a lock up but have now located one and the car will be collected on the 3rd of march, so hopefully will be started on the 4th! looking forward to this oh and the car is a 72 not a 73 as first thought! You will also find me on aberdeen aircooled under the same user name as here.  Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: