The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 09:38:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Welcome Bill Alexander
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Welcome Bill Alexander  (Read 2443 times)
Jim Ratto

« on: May 26, 2007, 01:14:19 am »

Welcome to my old pal and cohort in mayhem....Billy Alexander. This guy was the first kid I was friends with that actually worked on VW's for a living, when we were sophmores in high school. He also had a schizophrenic cat named Bob that had to take meds. Anyway, Billy was a huge part of the VW scene where I come from, even though the only VW he had that I remember that ran was his blue '68 Squareback. I bought the stinger off that car. Anyway, Billy has been around VW's longer than I have, and I wouldn't still be doing this stuff if we weren't friends. So he is to blame.
The band? The band.....THE BAND!!!!!!

Boy, some of the stories......   think we oughta? Naw....they won't get it.  Grin
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 01:53:31 am by Jim Ratto » Logged
stealth67vw

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 13:11:00 pm »

Have I ever met Billy, Jim? The name does ring a bell but I can't place the face or car.

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
stealth67vw

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 14:40:47 pm »

I think I remember answering the phone when he called the house on Heather Lane, but I don't think I ever met Bill in person.

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
Sarge

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 21:10:58 pm »

Welcome Bill!  So, did Jim make you eat any burgers with exhaust gaskets in them lke he fed Sheep? Roll Eyes Grin

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 21:45:12 pm »

Billy, Sheep and I worked together at many fine businesses in the Bay Area...Buggy House was just one victim. We all worked together at a Unocal 76 filling station and had quite a few 'episodes' there....car fell off of a lift, Ford F450 rolled away out of the shop almost into the brick building behind the shop, big block V8 fell on me, numerous fires, oil spills, and during slow time we used to melt those orange 76 foam antenna balls with carb cleaner. Oh on Halloween I was dressed up as a gang banger, and somehow ended up in the women's bathroom, scaring the daylights out of the female occupant.
[/quote]

WHERE"S SHEEP??  We need him to chime in here BIG TIME! Grin Grin  That carb spray deal reminds me of a job I had years ago working at Steve's Indepenent Porsche (next door to Becker's Bug House).  Steve and I had our own desks in the office...both "equipped" with a big can of CRC Brake Clean for shooting down flys in the window.  One day, an angry wasp landed on the phone right in front of me...after I doused him, I noticed I'd "welded" all the buttons on the phone...go figure!  Roll Eyes

DKP III
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: