The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 09:42:04 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351100 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  At CB Performance today
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: At CB Performance today  (Read 3620 times)
Bryan67

« on: January 19, 2012, 05:13:56 am »

I was in Visalia today so i stopped at CB to get a couple of T shirts. They`ve been doing some remodeling and have pretty much redone the whole showroom. It is looking really nice and they had Rick`s Brazilian Double Cab and Pat`s street car on display in there.. Rick`s DC was looking soooo nice now lowered on detailed Fuchs and Pat`s car (I`ve never seen it before) looked killer with the decklid up showing off some nice black engine tin, IDA`s and a crank fire ignition. Not to mention Mark Lawless`s beige 67 with detailed Gas burners and T bars and Rick`s old blue 64 sunroof in the parking lot. Awesome. Anyone have pictures of these? I did`nt have a camera with me.

If you`re going to do something, do it right.
Mike Lawless

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 05:28:20 am »

This is Mark's car was from a while back. It's got t-bars now along with a 300hp injected turbo motor all under the decklid

Winner, 2009 Bakersfield March Meet
2006 PRA Super Gas Champion
2002-2003 DRKC Champion
http://www.lawlessdesigns.com
kingsburgphil

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 06:39:21 am »

Now if I can only convince these gentlemen to drive their cars up to Kingsburg (20 min.) for our annual Car Show this April 21st.
I haven't seen Rick or Marks car yet. Pats I've seen...very quick and very subtle, the kind of car you show with a time slip taped to
a window.

As to the rest of you, come on up, down or over to our little Swedish village this spring and share your VW with 10,000 spectators  Smiley
58vw

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 17:01:51 pm »

nice ride....how about pics for the rest of the sweet cars???

www.4inbore.com
Angleflows...order them now
Bryan67

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 17:35:04 pm »

Thanks Mike. It looks much better now without bumpers.

If you`re going to do something, do it right.
John Palmer

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 18:59:09 pm »

Thanks Mike. It looks much better now without bumpers.

Be carefull with your comments.  Some of the Lawless clan, "Likes Bumpers", and some "Don't".  LOL
Mike Lawless

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 03:36:17 am »

That's right John. I liked it better with the full bumper. But, it's his car and he's the one that needs to be happy with it. Either way, he's turned it into a very cool ride!

Phil, as for the 21st of April.....race date at Famoso

2002-2003 DRKC Champion
kingsburgphil

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 05:08:13 am »

Dang it!!  I'm going to have to miss the races at Fomoso and the antique tractor show at Tulare. We'll definitely miss you

and your incredible car. For those of you who aren't familiar with Mikes Ghia, it's whats on the inside thats counts.

Looks like a clean stocker on the outside...but inevitably shows up in the final round of competition  Grin

Good luck in the upcoming season!!

PS.  Will you be able to make it to the March Meet?  I try to make it when Chip Wimer is racing.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:20:04 am by kingsburgphil » Logged
Mike Lawless

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 15:50:11 pm »

Thanks Phil!

Yes, we are IN for the March Meet and I believe the Palmer Boys are as well. We are really looking forward to it.

Fresh motor and some minor refinements for this year, but overall, no major changes. I'm getting the pieces right now to build a new motor this year that, if thing work out, will be running toward the end of the year, and should be stout enough to be able to cross something off my bucket list.

25% Nitro. Gives me the willies just thinkin' about it!

2002-2003 DRKC Champion
pupjoint

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 14:41:30 pm »

This is Mark's car was from a while back. It's got t-bars now along with a 300hp injected turbo motor all under the decklid

very nice. nice rake.  any chances of sharing the motor specs and suspension/brake setup?  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: