The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:50:51 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  1930 Ford track T roadster
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: 1930 Ford track T roadster  (Read 28868 times)
Frenchy Dehoux

« on: February 27, 2012, 18:06:02 pm »

Here are a few pictures of my latest project while my NSU is been build. This body is from a 1929 Briggs / Murray the front cowl was narrowed by 3" inches or more so that we could fit the Duval windshield. The floor section is from a 1931 [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] Ford Roadster that I have to do a pie cut to fit the body. I had to cut 6" inches from the center and 9" from the side to make this panel fit the body. I use two rear doors for the extra width on each side from the doors back to give me more room so that I can fit comfortably. The back panel use for this project came from a Ford Phaton which is the back of a front seat and I had to cut 3 inches from the center so it will look appropriate to the body. Once I have the floor board made to fit the body I will weld the body to the floor board as well. Next I will install the engine and transmission together and install it on the frame and have a few braces made to support the assembly together. Here are a few pictures of the project so far.

Thanks
 Frenchy

Doctor Detail ( Retired )
Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 18:09:17 pm »

Some more pictures showing the progress.

Frenchy

Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 18:13:46 pm »

And a few more.

Frenchy

Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 18:19:20 pm »

Few more pictures as of today where I am with this project. Next weekend I will be welding the floor panel than have it fit to the body and see how it will look than make some adjustment.

Thanks
  Frenchy

Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 13:38:08 pm »

Windshield could stand to loose a couple inches Wink

Looking good!

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 22:15:02 pm »

Zach

I was thinking the same thing. I will have to look at it when I have the body done and do a rendition with the windshield chop.

Frenchy

Wünderwolff

aka Dr. Jeckill

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 07:27:51 am »

You have to see it built completer first. But from what I can see right now, the windshield looks perfect!

I don't like that chopped look on a roadster, takes away from the lines of the body and puts it in a different era than the rods I like to see. However since this will be a tub (with truck bed?) it could end up looking totally different. So, curious to see the progression.

Wünderwaffe are Go!
Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 16:24:28 pm »

Thank You for your comments I am planning only the tub with no bed. I will be posting more pictures as I go along.

Frenchy

Brew 66

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 04:14:23 am »

Hey Frenchy, your '32 just popped up on Pelican Porsche Forums Tongue

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-topic-discussions/661815-time-fess-up-i-went-over-dark-side-2.html#post6592320
Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 16:29:14 pm »

Thanks Bill for posting

I know of the guy that took the picture nice guy for sure we talked for a while that day. He has himself a nice Hot Rod as seen on an earlier post.

Thanks
   Frenchy

volksnut

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 13:42:29 pm »

Hey Frenchy looking good. You might get a kick out of this....I found my 27' Hup at an estate sale last year, original Florida car, it had been taken apart for a rebuild and left for 30 years....I put it back together and buffed it out, been driving it ever since.  Eric

Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 02:58:31 am »

Thanks for sharing your pictures this car is cool. I notice on the right side it has the compartment for a set of golf clubs way cool.

Frenchy

Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 18:09:03 pm »

Here a few more pictures of where I am with this project I had to slow down a bit due to the heat here in Arizona from 112 to 118 degrees hard to step in the garage and do some work.

Frenchy

Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 18:14:09 pm »

Here a few more.

Frenchy

Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 18:19:38 pm »

Here I have a few pictures showing where I am with this project. After I get done with this one I may have to start on the NSU when it returns from my friends shop.

Thanks
     Frenchy

Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 18:22:42 pm »

A few more. I am not the best welder in town but I am learning and enjoying as I go along.

Frenchy

rick m

Driving Hot VWs for 44 Years Strong!

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 00:44:51 am »

Looking good Frenchy.  You are fortunate to have such a talented son who is as enthusiastic about these projects as you are.  Will you be doing your before Bug-O-Rama get together again for the fall BUG-O-RAMA? Will plan on being there if you are. Can't wait to see your progress.

Rick Mortensen

Rick Mortensen
Driving Hot VWs since 1970
Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 07:29:28 am »

Looking good Frenchy.  You are fortunate to have such a talented son who is as enthusiastic about these projects as you are.  Will you be doing your before Bug-O-Rama get together again for the fall BUG-O-RAMA? Will plan on being there if you are. Can't wait to see your progress.

Rick Mortensen

Rick

We are planning for the get together on November 10th so I told Marc today I need to have the car as a roller. next week order the tires and get the body done and in primer than proceed to the chassis engine mounts,trans and steering column.

Frenchy

Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 17:27:49 pm »

Once I have the body all fabricated my son and I are going to build a removable top for it see pictures below. These pictures are from a car we seen at the Grand National Roadster Show this past year and I like the look of the roof. I was thinking that maybe I can try to fit a Ghia roof with some modifications otherwise we will build our own roof.

Frenchy
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 16:49:49 pm by Frenchy Dehoux » Logged

Frallan

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2012, 13:53:13 pm »

Very cool car!

A lot I could comment positively on.
Now I take for granted it will have 3 liter Pauter with a large supercharger on top or similar?

Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2012, 16:47:24 pm »

Very cool car!

A lot I could comment positively on.
Now I take for granted it will have 3 liter Pauter with a large supercharger on top or similar?

Actually this one will have a 1953 Mercury Flathead V8 with dual Strombergs carburetors. Three speed Mercury transmission I will be posting pictures as soon as I start on the engine this will be next year sometime as I am concentrating on getting the body build.

Frenchy

Fiatdude

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2012, 23:39:24 pm »

What is the length you will need for your removable top Frenchy??? I was looking at it and saw a 850 Fiat hardtop looking kinda right

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Get lost for an evening or two -- http://selvedgeyard.com/

Remember, as you travel the highway of life,
For every mile of road, there is 2 miles of ditch
Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 18:28:47 pm »

It measure driver side to passenger side 46 inches wide and 39 inches from the windshield to the back of the cab. I want to have the side windows to look like the Porsche Speedster very small with a split rear window.
  Thanks
  Frenchy
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 18:55:57 pm by Frenchy Dehoux » Logged

Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2012, 16:58:10 pm »

Here a few pictures of the radiator shell and grill I received yesterday in the mail. Also my Coker tires bias ply black wall.

Frenchy

Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 20:50:23 pm »

A few more pictures of my progress. Next we will be working on the inside reinforcing under the cowl with braces.
Thanks

Frenchy
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 20:52:14 pm by Frenchy Dehoux » Logged

AntLockyer

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2012, 00:00:28 am »

Grill looks good, not what I was expecting you to go for. Was thinking more a track nose.

12.618 @ 104.87mph
Fritter

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2012, 02:44:31 am »

Looks good.  The right tires really make these nostalgic type hot rods.   Grin

I too thought you would do a rounded track T type nose, but of course the deuce grill looks great too

Mike F.
'64 Indigo Blue sunroof Bug
Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2013, 19:04:51 pm »

I have a few updates on my project moving forward. Added the front quarter braces and rear cab braces welded to the sub floor. Also the doors gap are pretty good but I will be adjusting theses doors once I fabricate the door sil area.

Frenchy

Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2013, 17:20:47 pm »

I was trying to see what I would have to do on the dash to fit the top piece so that it would look ok. I was looking to make the top piece but would be a problem for the contour. After looking at the dash with my son we told ourself possibly the dash from a VW bus may have the same contour. I located a dash that was just for parts took it and made a template with cardboard to see. Here are the results when your brain is thinking.

Frenchy

Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2013, 19:15:10 pm »

Here are the latest pictures from this past weekend did all of the cuts to make the top dash piece fit and the cross brace from the bus.

Frenchy

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: