The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:55:20 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  1930 Ford track T roadster
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: 1930 Ford track T roadster  (Read 28866 times)
Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2013, 16:55:51 pm »

A bit more progress this past week did the fuel lines and finish the rear brake line to the frame with a flexible rubber line. All of the fuel lines will have a compressed ring to join the rubber hose. All of the brake and fuel lines will be painted gloss black and the brakets will be polished. I also started to work on the firewall. The brass fitting also will be polished.

Thanks
Frenchy

Doctor Detail ( Retired )
Bryan67

« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2013, 07:29:13 am »

I would STRONGLY recommend you not use that plastic Facet fuel pump.

If you`re going to do something, do it right.
Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2013, 19:16:22 pm »

Have you had issues with them let me know.

Frenchy

Bryan67

« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2013, 17:45:40 pm »

When I worked for NAPA I used to warranty them all the time. They would leak everywhere. Is your car better then a plastic fuel pump?

If you`re going to do something, do it right.
Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2013, 19:10:35 pm »

Made some progress on the 31 project yesterday. We made our firewall from various other firewall to fit because originally the body was narrowed 6 inches so the Duval windshield would look appropriate to the body lines. Next I will make the rest of the firewall once I have the template made. Inside the body I had to cut part of the floor board for the driveshaft hoop to fit.

Frenchy

Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2013, 19:12:05 pm »

One more the driveshaft hoop.

Frenchy

Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2014, 17:11:47 pm »

I did accomplish a lot these past few days the firewall was the main area I wanted to get done and was able to fit the steering column as well. I have my parts   from Speedway arriving this afternoon and wanted the firewall completed.

Thanks
Frenchy

Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2014, 17:00:13 pm »

A few updates the firewall is done also installed the Beehive oil filter I will have to modify the bracket so the filter is level because of the firewall is at an angle. Also made the wood floor for the inside of the car with 3/4 plywood that will be painted black with a rubber mat sitting on top. The seats I bought at Bass Pro shop and they will be redone in black with gold stiching with the V8 logo in the center also in gold. The body will be done in flat black with the Duval windshield polish brass the engine will be painted in gold close match to the windshield frame. The headlight buckets are going and be gloss black and the headlight rings in brass the fuel tank is the oval style and will be painted gloss black with the brass straps. Dash panel gloss black with the gold style gauges. I will be posting more pictures as I move along.

Thanks
Frenchy

Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2014, 17:01:51 pm »

Here a few more.

Frenchy

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: