The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 20:09:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350866 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6827 Members
Latest Member: bmwjaguare5
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Webers made in Hong Kong?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Webers made in Hong Kong?  (Read 22816 times)
Fasterbrit

OFF#23 - The Fastest Outlaw in the West!

« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2012, 08:38:10 am »

I have tried two pairs of Empi Hpmx 44mm carbs. They were absolute junk. One pair had porous float chambers that leaked fuel behind the Venturi and slowly flooded the engine. That was a problem that took an age to work out what was actually going on!
The other pair just wouldn't tune up, no matter what I tried. In retrospect I imagine there was a similar problem as above.
After wasting a day's worth of labour, I vowed never to buy Chinese carbs again.  Angry

9.563 @ 146.25 mph Cal Look Drag Day, Santa Pod, April 2011
OFF#23 OUTLAW FLAT FOUR www.outlawflatfour.com
www.air-kraft.com
www.marcomansiperformance.com
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2012, 14:03:20 pm »

I've heard a lot of not-so-happy stories regarding the EMPI carbs. Not able to tune, linkage fitment, etc. I'm curious if these carbs are from the same foundry/source. If they're the same, then forget it.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Speed-Randy

« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2012, 14:33:24 pm »

I have a set of HPMX  carbs on my squareback and on the Ghia. Easy to tune, set up and jet. The biggest problem I had was the idle screws would not stay in proper adjustment, cured it with a drop of blue locktite. If you personally haven't used them, don't give your opinions about them, because you don't have one!

TiDi

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2012, 16:27:29 pm »

Italians or Spainish ones for me!  Cool

Ted

Are we still talking about Webers? Italian chicks are hot, but some are crazy!  Wink  I guess my Italian Webers are pretty good too, though not as good as an Italian woman.

Have you seen the new Fiat Abarth commercial???

She is not Italian!!! The girl in the video is Romanian model Catrinel Menghia.  Grin

Beware the false advertising ;-)

4 Wheel Ripperz - http://cal-look.tumblr.com/
Chris W

« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2012, 16:41:50 pm »

I have a set of 40's on my car for a few years. I have had zero issues after I had Art @ Ace go through them a few months after I got them.
65bug

« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2012, 18:14:04 pm »

Not sure why everyone is blaming me for starting a political thread on here. If you read though the thread I was not the one who started it. I only commented on it. I have never started any political debates on any other forums but the "OFF TOPICS" discussions. That's it!
   Back to Carbs: So your in a legendary car club with awesome cars: Rare splitty's, Ovals, etc. Empi 5 spokes, BRM Pulleys and..................................CHINESE CARBS............................LOL
    If I where in a car club that had any heritage, history, nostalgia etc. I WOULD NOT ALLOW IT!!!! That being said, JUST MY OPINION!!!!

plasticblack

« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2012, 18:48:37 pm »

You're entitled to your opinion same as everyone, but there's little point in shouting down anyone that doesn't agree with your own standpoint?

You've had your rant and your warning.. So let's not make this personal....  Grin

That's not why I come here...  Cool
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: