The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:03:20 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Cal Look Drag Day 2012: A Massive Thanks!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cal Look Drag Day 2012: A Massive Thanks!  (Read 7632 times)
Fasterbrit

OFF#23 - The Fastest Outlaw in the West!

« on: April 02, 2012, 14:58:58 pm »

I have to say all that helped organise the Drag Day deserve a huge thanks and several pats on the back. Excellent organisation, cool cars, big butties and coffee and a whole host of prizes that covered all bases from daily drivers to all out racecars - the event had it all. Those of you who missed the show: you really should make the effort next year as the guys go to great lengths to make the show special. From welcome packs including T-shirts, magazines and stickers to a full-on breakfast for drivers, this is one show where the emphasis is on having fun and meeting new friends. A great line up of sponsors (who also deserve praise Wink ensured great prizes for racers making racing just that little extra special  Cool
See you ther next year Wink
Matt Keene

9.563 @ 146.25 mph Cal Look Drag Day, Santa Pod, April 2011
OFF#23 OUTLAW FLAT FOUR www.outlawflatfour.com
www.air-kraft.com
www.marcomansiperformance.com
james wotton

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 17:55:37 pm »

could not of said it better matt.  Cool

top work people.

9.91 @ 139.90
outlawflatfour 2010 and 2011 champion.
Pas

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 18:15:48 pm »

As Matt and James said what a great event, congratulations and thanks to everyone who made it happen  Cool
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 23:31:56 pm by Pas » Logged

You stay classy, Cal-look Lounge.
dannyboy

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 18:45:51 pm »

yep a fantastic event and cannot wait for the next one  Grin Grin Grin
anyone got any vids to upload?

8.77@156.8mph 
O/FF 60
turbovan

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 19:08:02 pm »

Agreed !!! Cool event , nice to meet some new people's  Wink

when shit goes down,,you gotta be ready!!!

theres no replacement,,for displacement!!
leec

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 21:40:18 pm »

Agreed, a dead fuel pump stopped my racing, but I had a great time watching and chatting to others

Thank you and well done guys.

Lee
Bernard Newbury

9.50 @ 141 MPH

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 22:39:27 pm »

As Matt and James said what a great event, congratulations and thanks to everyone who made it
 happen  Cool
As Mark said.  Bernie

Before you jump, check the depth.
Gaz1

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 23:11:02 pm »

yep a fantastic event and cannot wait for the next one  Grin Grin Grin
anyone got any vids to upload?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Agrcp3wRm6w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Agrcp3wRm6w</a>

Sorry about quality Danny,it's taken on a normal compact camera.

Smiley
dannyboy

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 23:13:46 pm »

nice one  Grin Cool

8.77@156.8mph 
O/FF 60
Gaz1

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 23:21:40 pm »

nice one  Grin Cool

One of our guys was getting some proper video footage so some decent video will be available soon  Smiley
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 15:04:59 pm »

Smiley

REALLY REALLY glad that you all enjoyed it, I had a blast despite my own mechanical issues on the day.

As mentioned above, a big thanks to our sponsors without whose very generous support the event would not have been possible, there would have been no racers packs and goodies to hand out, no breakfasts to fuel the fires, no banners, no advertising, no prizes the list goes on. We are so thankful that the various companies had faith in us and wanted to help us make this possible. THANK YOU!

Julian Hunt
Bears Motorsport
Kraftwerk VW
VWPI (beetleragtop)
Prowagen
Stinkhound Speedshop
Limebug VW Parts

Airmighty
Hayburner
Ultra VW
Volksworld

Secondly to the Racers - you guy's were OUTSTANDING!!!!!! The Cal Look Drag Day is held by Racers for Racers, we KNOW how much effort is involved in prepping and racing a car (its a huge push just to get a car to the track, something I think uinless you have to do it you don't realise) and we are really grateful that you chose to come out for us. Especially those who made the trek from Belgium! You all put on one amazing show, and your camaraderie and attitude in the pits epitomised everything we want to achieve - good times with likeminded people. Thank you so much for running the sponsors stickers - they help us and we help them and everyone benefits. THANK YOU!

Spectators and friends of the Cal Look Drag Day, thank you for coming out and supporting the guys on the track, Only at the Cal Look Drag Day will you get people paying to watch the racing yet still be more than happy to get their hands dirty and help out the guys in the pits. THANK YOU!

And to the staff and Marshals at Santa Pod who run the place and make it all tick - THANK YOU!

Cheers chaps, all those who put it together are completely stoked with the response.

Smiley

benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 15:40:25 pm »

What Matt said, despite sleeping in the car & waking up at 7 to see minus 5 on the thermometer , it was a great relaxed day with plenty of action Cheesy

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
thejohn66

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 17:26:44 pm »

As has been said numerous times above, thanks for arranging a great weekend, well done Grin

Bitburg motor boating club member.
Udo

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 18:41:26 pm »

Good to see you had a nice weekend. But it is still early in the year ...

Udo

AntLockyer

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 19:26:28 pm »

I was only there for a few hours on Sunday and enjoyed myself greatly. To me that's what the scene in this country should be about, reminds me of how it used to be a bit.

12.618 @ 104.87mph
Jesus

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 19:01:26 pm »

Awesome event, Congrats to one and all!

But can someone please send all all the info of who won what etc ASAP as need to get a bit written before the end of the long weekend. Ta Muchly

@secondcomingsinglecab on Instagram
Second Coming Single Cab on Facebook
peach_

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2012, 01:06:36 am »

But can someone please send all all the info of who won what etc ASAP as need to get a bit written before the end of the long weekend. Ta Muchly

All the info is on the facebook page, cheers

1966 java green looker- 2276 Street Machine, with standard gear box@ 14.5 (2013), With Pro Street Box @ 13.5 (2014), still more to come!

SAS RENN-WAGENS and proud

#CALLOOKDRAGS
Gaz1

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2012, 12:16:00 pm »

Here you go  Smiley

Congratulations to our Cal Look Drag Day 2012 winners

1. BEST ET FOR TURBO/NOS POWERED - 12month subscription to Airmighty Megascene
Matte keene . 9.96

2. BEST ET FOR NATRUALLY ASPIRATED POWERED - 12month subscription to Volksworld Magazine
Laurent Dejeaifve "Holey Moley" 11.09

3. BIGGEST FAIL - Bears Motorsport voucher
John Saxton - Full diagnosis to be carried out but loud bang, loss of oil and 3 cylinders = not good!

4. BEST REACTION TIME - Prowagen Per4mance £50 Voucher which can be spent on the complete range of Joe Bence products.
Darren Claggett – 0.19

5. BEST ET FOR STREET/ROAD LEGAL - 12month subscription to UltraVW magazine
James Wotton – 10.77

6. BEST OF SHOW – Gene Berg T-shirt donated by KRAFTWERK VW, SKEGVEGAS TICKETS, 12 month subscription to HAYBURNER MAGAZINE and a HAYBURNER Tee
Andy Keating - 1971 Base Model bug on Pedrini wheels, ran a 14.09 on the day...... Looked superb both on and off the strip.

7. SPIRIT OF DRAG DAY – VW PERFORMANCE IMPORTS £50 Voucher which can be spent on their complete range of Jaycee products plus a cool Jaycee Tee and Berg Tee
Sebastian Defrenne - Jumped in his car and Drove from Waterloo, Belgium to the event, was great company in the pits, ran his car hard all weekend and drove home.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 22:19:11 pm by Gaz1 » Logged
Rich_h

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 23:34:03 pm »

have to say the weekend was one of the reasons i love the vw's seen
a nice bunch of people enjoying there cars well done to the cal look drag day team and the racers

and just for mr keene

Fasterbrit

OFF#23 - The Fastest Outlaw in the West!

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 10:11:25 am »

Wow! Looks like I was heading to cut Wotton off  Shocked

Great pix Rich Cool

9.563 @ 146.25 mph Cal Look Drag Day, Santa Pod, April 2011
OFF#23 OUTLAW FLAT FOUR www.outlawflatfour.com
www.air-kraft.com
www.marcomansiperformance.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: