The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:48:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Magneto questions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Magneto questions  (Read 1811 times)
Mabbo

« on: November 24, 2014, 19:46:07 pm »

Hello,

I have a few questions about Magnetos... I'm running one at the moment with a Jaycee billet mount, but I am going to be re detailing my engine bay shortly to look more 70's... So what were people using back then for a Magneto mount / clamp / support ?

I have only really seen other people using the stock industrial bracket that mounts to the bottom of the carb, modern billet mounts, or no mount at all.

At the moment I'm using a Jaycee mount but I'm not keen on the way it looks. Iv considered trying to find a stock industrial mount and modifying it to bolt to the case or something - if I can find one, but Id like to know what was common in the 70's.

Also, what colour cap and leads were people using? Im using a black side exit cap and black leads at the moment.

Thanks, Neil
Sarge

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 20:43:56 pm »

Ron Fleming's 1700 from the early '70's.

DKP III
Mabbo

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 20:52:20 pm »

Sarge... great pic, thanks Cheesy
JS

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 21:27:38 pm »

I use a stock clamp together with a homemade bracket that connects to one of the bolts on the generator tower. Don't know how many did that in the 70's, but the parts were available.

Signature.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: