The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 10:49:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350797 Posts in 28593 Topics by 6824 Members
Latest Member: 63calLQQK
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  '71 Dormi going Cal.....eventually
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: '71 Dormi going Cal.....eventually  (Read 3086 times)
MarvelTyler

« on: May 20, 2012, 18:43:47 pm »

Thought I'd introduce my bus as I'm a newby.  I've had it since early 2009 and to be honest it was a bit of a sh1tter.

On the way home from picking it up it totally let go and siezed so a transplant 1641cc was found and a little dress up was applied.

Its had a little tickle with the lowering stick and some other body work to make it look a little better.

Also replaced the old interior, all hand built by me, just now saving up for new upholstery, which will match the lime green and black of the flooring that I fitted, which will contrast with the planned exterior paintwork.

So, now I've finally got the cash together to sort out a "proper" engine for it.

Its a 2110cc stroker with twin Weber40s, 90.50mm stroker piston kit forged Mahle and VW jnl 82mm forged crankshaft. So currently tidying the engine bay to accept it. Just cannot wait to get it in there and get it run it.

MarvelTyler

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 08:17:10 am »

Picked up the engine yesterday. Just have to wire in the CB rotary pump and should be good to go, ready for an easy first 500miles.
MarvelTyler

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 23:19:11 pm »

Wow, it's been a while. A few issues whilst I was running in until it ended up emptying its oil all over the motorway back in March. That didn't end up too well. Had it rebuilt and then ran it in, nice and easy.
Got the bus on the rollers a week or so ago, had the idle set properly, carbs balanced, then rejetted the idle jets down and main jets up. It now outputs 117bhp which I am well happy with at the moment.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: