The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 15:17:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350645 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  How much money to run 10s in a street car?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33 Print
Author Topic: How much money to run 10s in a street car?  (Read 459276 times)
dannyboy

« Reply #180 on: July 15, 2012, 22:26:52 pm »

Didnt we pay for them already?  Shocked
lol yes i picked em up from dragday for you  do you want me to drop em off at matts

8.77@156.8mph 
O/FF 60
richie

« Reply #181 on: July 16, 2012, 08:49:53 am »

Didnt we pay for them already?  Shocked
lol yes i picked em up from dragday for you  do you want me to drop em off at matts

Pete is proberly better if you can

Ta

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
richie

« Reply #182 on: July 16, 2012, 08:50:53 am »

Nice car Smiley
Covert it to IRS or run swingaxle?

IRS,I have seen you other post Angry I am guessing someone crashed

cheers richie

Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #183 on: July 16, 2012, 08:54:19 am »

Nice car Smiley

cheers richie

Yes, it`s very sad that Leif rolled with his car this weekend Cry . I think we need to highlight the issue..

This is my simple religion:
-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
richie

« Reply #184 on: July 16, 2012, 09:23:57 am »

Nice car Smiley

cheers richie
Angry Sad  Thats sh3t,hope he is ok?

Richie

Yes, it`s very sad that Leif rolled with his car this weekend Cry . I think we need to highlight the issue..

Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #185 on: July 16, 2012, 09:34:05 am »

Nice car Smiley

cheers richie
Angry Sad  Thats sh3t,hope he is ok?

Richie

Yes, he is ok

-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
fahrvergnugen

« Reply #186 on: July 16, 2012, 10:49:15 am »

Changing the steering to where it belongs will cost some time and money Grin

Paul.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 15:31:10 pm by fahrvergnugen » Logged

fahrvergnugen

« Reply #187 on: July 16, 2012, 10:55:22 am »

When my car is ready, I will drive it with the 2.0ltr type 4 I have laying around (+/-120HP N/A)
I want to add a bottle to it, so all the info is welcome. Do I have to run extra fuellines etc.?
I am still in the building face so if I have to change things (run extra lines and so, now is the time to do it.

Cheers Paul.

richie

« Reply #188 on: July 16, 2012, 11:00:03 am »

When my car is ready, I will drive it with the 2.0ltr type 4 I have laying around (+/-120HP N/A)
I want to add a bottle to it, so all the info is welcome. Do I have to run extra fuellines etc.?
I am still in the building face so if I have to change things (run extra lines and so, now is the time to do it.

Cheers Paul.

I ran a -8 feed and -6 return as needed for the EFI,then a simple T to take off the required fuel for the nitrous system in the engine bay,but as I wrote earlier it was on the limit of fuel supply,but more to do with the pump used than enything else,if building a car from scratch i would always fit 2 fuel lines,you never know when you will want to upgrade later,with a single line carbed ststem I think you want to add another fuel system for the nitrous anyway so yes fit 2 lines at least

cheers richie 

Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #189 on: July 16, 2012, 12:51:10 pm »

Been talking to a nitrous company about what is best for this as its been 10 years since I last was up to date with the latest and greatest gizmos and things have moved on since then
and no one does a aircooled vw kit that I know of,last time I kind of put it together myself

Would be cool if you, after making this project a success, put together a nitrous kit for the vw engine which is "bolt-on" and made it available to buy Smiley

-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
richie

« Reply #190 on: July 16, 2012, 14:22:13 pm »

Been talking to a nitrous company about what is best for this as its been 10 years since I last was up to date with the latest and greatest gizmos and things have moved on since then
and no one does a aircooled vw kit that I know of,last time I kind of put it together myself

Would be cool if you, after making this project a success, put together a nitrous kit for the vw engine which is "bolt-on" and made it available to buy Smiley

Oyvind,

I am talking to the nitrous kit manufacturer I used before to do exactly that Smiley,we are figuring out any differences for carbs or efi and with or without a fan shroud,anything else you can think of that we should take into account?

cheers richie

fahrvergnugen

« Reply #191 on: July 16, 2012, 21:25:53 pm »

Cheers Paul.

I ran a -8 feed and -6 return as needed for the EFI,then a simple T to take off the required fuel for the nitrous system in the engine bay,but as I wrote earlier it was on the limit of fuel supply,but more to do with the pump used than enything else,if building a car from scratch i would always fit 2 fuel lines,you never know when you will want to upgrade later,with a single line carbed ststem I think you want to add another fuel system for the nitrous anyway so yes fit 2 lines at least

cheers richie  

Hi Richie,

The future engine will be EFI so I already installed 2 -8 lines (so I"m good for the NOS on the temp. engine). Please keep us updated on the beetle NOS kit.

Cheers Paul.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 21:29:25 pm by fahrvergnugen » Logged

old dub lover

« Reply #192 on: July 16, 2012, 21:38:20 pm »

What a great thead Smiley

i shall keep an eye on this as 10's are what im hoping for in my car Smiley
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #193 on: July 16, 2012, 21:39:17 pm »

Oyvind,

I am talking to the nitrous kit manufacturer I used before to do exactly that Smiley,we are figuring out any differences for carbs or efi and with or without a fan shroud,anything else you can think of that we should take into account?

cheers richie

Ahh, nice! I think you have a good number of alternatives to start with there Smiley
If you make it complete with all hoses and fittings too, you will make it really easy for the buyer. Can not wait to see what price range this kit ends up in

-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
richie

« Reply #194 on: July 16, 2012, 21:59:25 pm »

Todays parts addition

Well i have been offered such a good deal on a NOS nitrous kit i cant refuse Smiley I havent used one before so will be interesting to see how it compares to the "other manufacturer" who are keen to help and create a VW specific kit so I guess i will have to try both to see which does what Cool

richie

« Reply #195 on: July 16, 2012, 22:00:37 pm »

Cheers Paul.

cheers richie  

Hi Richie,

The future engine will be EFI so I already installed 2 -8 lines (so I"m good for the NOS on the temp. engine). Please keep us updated on the beetle NOS kit.

Cheers Paul.
-8 will supply plenty enough fuel for your requirements Smiley

fahrvergnugen

« Reply #196 on: July 17, 2012, 15:30:27 pm »

Thanks, and thanks for the new wings that Michael will collect next week Wink

Paul.

richie

« Reply #197 on: July 17, 2012, 20:59:51 pm »

Not much happened today,I did get some time so made a weld in gearbox intermidiate mount,but thats all,still trying to figure out what wheels and seats to use,I think I have all the important stuff figured out in my head now Smiley

cheers richie

richie

« Reply #198 on: July 17, 2012, 21:11:17 pm »

Thanks, and thanks for the new wings that Michael will collect next week Wink

Paul.

Your welcome,and no problem,just finish the car now without changing your mind at all Wink

fahrvergnugen

« Reply #199 on: July 17, 2012, 22:15:28 pm »

just finish the car now without changing your mind at all Wink

That's impossible, stop with these kind of threads and I will finish sooner Grin

Paul.

Erlend / bug66
Global Moderator

SCC Event

« Reply #200 on: July 17, 2012, 22:25:30 pm »

Not much happened today,I did get some time so made a weld in gearbox intermidiate mount,but thats all,still trying to figure out what wheels and seats to use,I think I have all the important stuff figured out in my head now Smiley

cheers richie

Race-weight ERCO's? 6"?
As light seats as possible with a lot of support!  Grin

The '67:
10.626 @ 132mph, SCC 2016
10.407 @ 134mph, SCC 2017
10.221 @ 135mph, SCC 2018

The '59:
Not yet..
tikimadness

« Reply #201 on: July 17, 2012, 22:33:44 pm »

cheers richie

Race-weight ERCO's? 6"?
A kirkey without padding Wink

Michael

member of team YAC ; the guys who write history.

GASSER GARAGE  a few friends creating history.

NIDGAFWYT
richie

« Reply #202 on: July 18, 2012, 08:16:04 am »

cheers richie

Race-weight ERCO's? 6"?

That is my dilema,as the car is 4 stud and Ercos are not so easily available in 4 stud,particulaly used Wink I need to look for other options,or maybe go to 5x130 instead as there are lots of cheaper wheels available if I ignore the looks,as I will proberly need new discs and drums anyway as they are so corroded buying them in porsche pattern isnt really anymore expensive

cheers richie

richie

« Reply #203 on: July 18, 2012, 08:18:20 am »

cheers richie

Race-weight ERCO's? 6"?
A kirkey without padding Wink

Michael

Proberly that or the Jaz equiverlent,but it will need some padding for the road Shocked but I am also considering the fiberglass low back buckets and then add a headrest/support to cage

dannyboy

« Reply #204 on: July 18, 2012, 08:33:27 am »

There is a jazz poly seat  on lvzi for 60 quid

8.77@156.8mph 
O/FF 60
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #205 on: July 18, 2012, 09:40:46 am »

I am also considering the fiberglass low back buckets and then add a headrest/support to cage

That is the scariest thing I see, a head rest integrated to the seat will always follow the seat/your body in an accident. A cage headrest will not... it will stay stationary while you move about.  I know seats aren't supposed to come loose... but safety is about IF.
Just a personal observation.

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
richie

« Reply #206 on: July 18, 2012, 10:13:01 am »

I am also considering the fiberglass low back buckets and then add a headrest/support to cage

That is the scariest thing I see, a head rest integrated to the seat will always follow the seat/your body in an accident. A cage headrest will not... it will stay stationary while you move about.  I know seats aren't supposed to come loose... but safety is about IF.
Just a personal observation.

That is a good point Jon,and something I hadnt considered,I had planned a steel backbone to the fiber seat but not considered the "what if"  Shocked   

Highback it is then Smiley

Danny I will take a look,not so keen on the plastic seats as I worry they could tear where they are bolted through in an accident

cheers richie

Shane Noone

« Reply #207 on: July 18, 2012, 10:33:54 am »

cheers richie

Race-weight ERCO's? 6"?

That is my dilema,as the car is 4 stud and Ercos are not so easily available in 4 stud,particulaly used Wink I need to look for other options,or maybe go to 5x130 instead as there are lots of cheaper wheels available if I ignore the looks,as I will proberly need new discs and drums anyway as they are so corroded buying them in porsche pattern isnt really anymore expensive

cheers richie

Richie, seemed to miss you guys at Dragstalgia ? Anyway catch up again somewhere huh  Wink Hoping to run at Shakey on Sunday with Danny. ClubdayRWYB sessions.
Bythe way I am sure I have seen some 4 stud ercos's for sale recently, maybe on here or Vzi or JG54 forum ? Happy hunting eh  Grin
By the
richie

« Reply #208 on: July 18, 2012, 11:15:49 am »

Richie, seemed to miss you guys at Dragstalgia ? Anyway catch up again somewhere huh  Wink Hoping to run at Shakey on Sunday with Danny. ClubdayRWYB sessions.
Bythe way I am sure I have seen some 4 stud ercos's for sale recently, maybe on here or Vzi or JG54 forum ? Happy hunting eh  Grin
By the

We saw you make a pass but didnt see where you we all parked,they wouldnt let us round with the car and wasnt going to carry the scales all the way round so just watched from the stands.

2 thoughts from what I saw of your pass

less burnout needed and let the linelock off while still doing the burnout and roll out the water that way,it looked like you dragged some water out with you

Good luck on sunday

If you see the add for those wheels let me know please?

cheers richie 

henk

« Reply #209 on: July 18, 2012, 11:34:40 am »

the 4 stud wheels are in this ad,link to thesamba.
just the two rear ones in 6".

henk!!!

http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,18590.0.html
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: