The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 19:22:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6822 Members
Latest Member: tpb_karl
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Making Progress on my custom Cal Look Bay window...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Making Progress on my custom Cal Look Bay window...  (Read 2947 times)
rick m

Driving Hot VWs for 44 Years Strong!

« on: July 05, 2012, 06:40:54 am »

Tons of metal work to do on this one of a kind Extended Cab project. Removed the old late model tail lights and made new corners on my English wheel.  Here are  couple shots of me doing some final fitting.

Rick M

Rick Mortensen
Driving Hot VWs since 1970
65bug

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 15:58:28 pm »

Rick,
    Very nice! Cannot wait to see the end result. Wish I knew how to do the body work better. I will be doing some myself I think here shortly. Keep us updated.

Thanks!
Donny B.

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 19:49:28 pm »

I thought you were suppose to be working on the engine for the chop top...LOL.

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
rick m

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 15:37:23 pm »

Hey Don...I am working on both.  I got bored with the chop and decided to do a little sabbatical and get some metal work done on the bus.  Shanna is coming in on the weekend of the 20th to work with me on the bus.  So I thought I better make some progress on it.

I made a few new pieces for my chop top motor so I am gradually getting it back together. Will post some shots of some ducting I made for the bug to help get more air to the motor.  Will share them when everything is back in and mounted.

Rick M

Rick Mortensen
Donny B.

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 16:51:46 pm »

Maybe I'll come over and watch.  You need to let me know when you are going to be working...

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
rick m

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 05:10:45 am »

Don...will be putting the new CHOP TOP Motor combo together this week so I can work on the bus next Saturday.  Give me a call if you want to come out. Plan to tack a few pieces in place next Saturday after some final fitting.  Need to make my new battery box section. Once all the pieces are trimmed...things start going together.

Rick M

Rick Mortensen
rick m

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 05:26:26 am »

New mods to the Bay Window project on the rear deck lid. The new air intakes reside behind what will be a license plate that stands off the metal 1/2"-3/4" to allow air to flow around the plate.  Helps with cooling and other things like potential vapor lock, etc.

Rick M

Rick Mortensen
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: