The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 10:05:46 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350698 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  urgent help needed: nitrous systems
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: urgent help needed: nitrous systems  (Read 5120 times)
Jonny Grigg

« on: July 10, 2012, 23:33:58 pm »

Hi guys,

I have run out of time to appear educated or care..... so I would really appreciate some help please  Smiley

I have NOS soft plume foggers and NOS Pro Race distribution blocks. I need to connect the two. When I last ran this system back in 05 I had nylon lines and the pony little compression olives and ends which now don't seem to be available in the UK.

My issue is now- how do I link these? Any advice on thread siizing, tube sizing and/or where I can source the parts would be much appreciated.

Thanks

J.  Smiley

No Compromise. O/FF111
Andy Sykes

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 00:15:33 am »

Will WON ones fit I think the nylon tube is 4mm if so the olives and tube are on eBay

Cheers andy

I love the haters they make me famous.

im building this not just putting parts together, they are two totally different things

Your only here once turn it up to 11
Bernard Newbury

9.50 @ 141 MPH

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 20:30:48 pm »

Hi Johnny I think you'll find the blocks are 1/8nPT so you will need some 1/8 to #3 adaptors.  Then get some #3 lines of the correct length. As you are tight for time try these UK people as they are pretty quick and will make lines to any size but not coloured ends> .  http://www.speedflow.co.uk/contact/index.html

Before you jump, check the depth.
dannyboy

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 21:23:46 pm »

exupracing do an3-an4  braided lines in different lengths and will do next day delivery  Smiley

8.77@156.8mph 
O/FF 60
Jonny Grigg

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 08:47:31 am »

Thanks for the replies. I did get some olives from WON, but they are unfortunately the wrong size and shape  Sad

The thread size in the distribution block and the nozzles is 1/16 NPT..... I originally thought it was 1/8" NPT, but unfortunately not.....

So- the question is can I get a 1/16" NPT to 3AN male to male adapter in the UK? It appears you get these in brass from Holley direct from the US, but I have now run out of time....... Any ideas would be much appreciated.

I have tried Speedflow (I should have an account with these guys as I have bought every fitting from there pretty much), Mocal, Goodridge (via Demon Tweeks). Also, Exup don't have anything smaller that 1/8 to 3AN on their website.

Thanks

J.

No Compromise. O/FF111
richie

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 09:00:41 am »

Thanks for the replies. I did get some olives from WON, but they are unfortunately the wrong size and shape  Sad

The thread size in the distribution block and the nozzles is 1/16 NPT..... I originally thought it was 1/8" NPT, but unfortunately not.....

So- the question is can I get a 1/16" NPT to 3AN male to male adapter in the UK? It appears you get these in brass from Holley direct from the US, but I have now run out of time....... Any ideas would be much appreciated.

I have tried Speedflow (I should have an account with these guys as I have bought every fitting from there pretty much), Mocal, Goodridge (via Demon Tweeks). Also, Exup don't have anything smaller that 1/8 to 3AN on their website.

Thanks

J.

Jonny i have 1 steel male to male  1/16npt to -4 if you can use that at all?

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Jonny Grigg

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 10:35:19 am »

thanks Richie, but I need 16 adapters!

Although I don't intend to run the gas this year I need to have the system complete so it doesn't draw air in through the nozzles in the manifolds. The manifolds are threaded to 1/16 NPT as well, so I can't even get a grub screw (or 4....)  Undecided

Kinda feel like I have backed myself into a corner trying to match a bunch of parts that are mismatched....  Roll Eyes

No Compromise. O/FF111
JamieL

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 10:39:11 am »

Mate - call me...

Or call ThamesValleyHydraulics on 01235 511001 - I'll collect on way home this afternoon if they can help - they were really helpful with me when sourcing random oil line fittings for turbo stuff in the past...

http://www.raceparts.co.uk/ is also round the corner in Wallingford here - give 'em a call and I can literally walk 100yds and collect...

But most of all - don't panic mate! We'll get there and if need really be then we'll get some blanking plugs for the nitrous ports in fannnimoulds. Smiley

Also - instead of just trying to get adapters for one end, would it be better/easier/more practical to change other end fittings and whole line instead - might be better and cheaper in the long run Wink
JamieL

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 10:40:46 am »

I'll also go round corner to engineering workshops and see if they have got or can do 1/16 blanking plugs - am i correct to assume that you need a male plug for female thread in manifold?
richie

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 12:35:41 pm »

thanks Richie, but I need 16 adapters!

Although I don't intend to run the gas this year I need to have the system complete so it doesn't draw air in through the nozzles in the manifolds. The manifolds are threaded to 1/16 NPT as well, so I can't even get a grub screw (or 4....)  Undecided

Kinda feel like I have backed myself into a corner trying to match a bunch of parts that are mismatched....  Roll Eyes

I think I have 1/16 npt plugs,I will see if I have 4 so yo ucan block the intake manifolds for now

richie

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 12:41:33 pm »

Smallest I have is 1/8,but thats all you need to do for now is get some 1/16 npt blanking plugs,put them in the intake and forget about it for a few weeks,just concentrate on the rest of it Shocked Grin

cheers richie

Bernard Newbury

9.50 @ 141 MPH

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 10:28:34 am »

Johnothan I have got 4 1/16 plugs that would suit your manifolds. If you cal me on Monday with your address I can get them to you.

Before you jump, check the depth.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: