The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:14:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  BAE bob mc clure
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: BAE bob mc clure  (Read 18820 times)
rick m

Driving Hot VWs for 44 Years Strong!

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 17:44:46 pm »

Notice the old INSANITY Turbo bug setting to the right of the BAE car in the motor picture.  It was also a pretty impressive little car for the size motor it was running. Ran in the 11's when I saw it with a small motor.

Rick M

Rick Mortensen
Driving Hot VWs since 1970
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 19:07:40 pm »

1600cc turbo

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
stoneloco808

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2013, 02:13:24 am »

Thank you Speedwell for posting a pic of the engine.  I find it kind of amusing how the design of it is similar how some turbo engine builders still do today.
Dominick Luppino

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2013, 16:16:49 pm »

It ran real hard in the day.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 16:18:37 pm by Dominick Luppino » Logged
rick m

Driving Hot VWs for 44 Years Strong!

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2013, 17:26:26 pm »

I remember some cars that came along in the years following the BAE car like the "DRAGONSLAYER" that were pan cars running in the 9's.  Those guys were pretty impressive too. Especially when they were doing it without the injection. Those were some fun cars to watch.  Dave Perkins, Spoke McClendon, Pat Nelson and others made fast pan cars a legend in the time.  At a time when the normal VW drag car had a pair of 48 IDAs strapped to a big motor, the turbo brought in yet another era of VW drag racing.  Who ever heard of all Steel VWs with floor pans running times like super gas V8 cars in the nigh 9's! That was an era I will remember as one of the real transition points for higher horsepower VWs being the norm at a VW event.  All of this done without tube chassis, and  mostly through type 1 trannys initially.   :-)

Rick M

Rick Mortensen
Driving Hot VWs since 1970
Dominick Luppino

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2013, 18:07:54 pm »

I remember some cars that came along in the years following the BAE car like the "DRAGONSLAYER" that were pan cars running in the 9's.  Those guys were pretty impressive too. Especially when they were doing it without the injection. Those were some fun cars to watch.  Dave Perkins, Spoke McClendon, Pat Nelson and others made fast pan cars a legend in the time.  At a time when the normal VW drag car had a pair of 48 IDAs strapped to a big motor, the turbo brought in yet another era of VW drag racing.  Who ever heard of all Steel VWs with floor pans running times like super gas V8 cars in the nigh 9's! That was an era I will remember as one of the real transition points for higher horsepower VWs being the norm at a VW event.  All of this done without tube chassis, and  mostly through type 1 trannys initially.   :-)

Rick M

Thanks!
richie

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2013, 19:00:29 pm »

Rick M

Thanks!

Hi Dominick,

how many of those cars from the Pro turbo era where ladder bar cars?  which ones still ran spring plates if any?

cheers richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Dominick Luppino

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2013, 20:21:52 pm »

Rick M

Thanks!

Hi Dominick,

how many of those cars from the Pro turbo era where ladder bar cars?  which ones still ran spring plates if any?

cheers richie

Hi Richie,
Well back in the day, gee that sounds bad:) When I was over at Kawell's helping them with a few customers cars, a good amount of them were spring plate cars, I was until I crashed my car then Dave, Ron L. and I back halfed it.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: