The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 07:42:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  CB Rear Disk Problem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CB Rear Disk Problem  (Read 2748 times)
DKK Ted
DKK

« on: July 22, 2012, 06:26:08 am »

Ok, installing my CB rear disk brakes. 1st, that hub was super tight, took the spacer that it came with, and with my impact, to put that puppy on, but my big problem is, after I put the rotor on and spun it, it rubs on the OD of the rotor on the caliper. Anybody run into that problem before, or do I just have minimum machined off as long as I have full contact with the pads.?? Thanks for any suggestions you guy's may have. A pic of it below. Oh, by the way, and it is centered.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
sparkieben

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 16:35:53 pm »

hi this happened to my front CB brakes all i did was put a stainless washer between the caliper and mounting flange on each bolt fixing,this then spaced the caliper away from the disc and centralized it also.hope this helps.
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 20:11:12 pm »

Thank you sparkieben, but my problem is not the side spacing, that's good, it's the outside diameter that is rubbing, to me the problem is the bracket holes were drilled a little off, don't know. The rotors have a heavy powder coat on them, that would explain the VERY tight fit on the splines, but I don't think a off center fit. May have to call CB so they can explain maybe my problem, with a solution, I hope. Thanks.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
DKK - Lisa
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 02:13:44 am »

Ted,
I asked Vincent about your question.  We did not run into issues such as yours.  He suggested a call to CB as well.
Good Luck!
Lisa
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 03:48:15 am »

Thank you Lisa, I am going to call CB tomorrow, need this issue resolved, now my car is DOWN, Sad , but hopefully will get it resolved.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 03:36:14 am »

Update....Been talking to CB, eliminating what could be wrong. So far the rotor's are good, they measure out right, there 914 German rotors, Calipers are fine, now were zeroing down on the brackets, just waiting to hear from them now. Crossing my fingers, during this process, will be taking out the motor and putting in my other one. So my car will be down for a short time.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 04:58:31 am »

Well all is good, a little clearing, and no more rubbing. Grin

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: