The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 11:51:19 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350698 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  My new TIV engine 2413 for Blue Carbon
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: My new TIV engine 2413 for Blue Carbon  (Read 33262 times)
Frallan

« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2014, 18:55:16 pm »

Now the engine is run in and then plenty of kilometers in and out of the workshop.
She wants more and more fuel and it is so nice to read the wideband straight in my face.
It is a bit like missing turbopressure above 4000 rpm.....yeah no turbo and not enough fuel.
I am kind of waiting for the engine to wake up.
Then I had an oil issue on a re-used AN nipple.

No!  I did not intentionally bend that bumper....... I did not even notice until I got it out of the workshop. Looks terrible and I identified it to a wrongly mounted left bracket.

Now it is fixed and tomorrow I will probably ream som mains. Lets see if she wakes up above 4000 rpm.

This one is worth gold!

I have even sound dampened and now working on the aestethics, or rather during winter I will get the rugs in there.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 06:40:23 am by Frallan » Logged

andy198712

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2014, 21:16:50 pm »

Nice!
could there be a move to EFI at some point?
Frallan

« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2014, 11:42:58 am »

Absolutely.
I have a DTA S60 on the shelf and it might be used with double loom for both my beetle and the dragster.
Last two seasons I had this car out I started with the 51IDA and then converted to CB Quicktune.
I simply like getting started with carburator, run in, settinsg and all taht stuff, simplicity and then later convert.

One more reason is to make a large plenum. I honestly like quiet engines.
This one has a large Flowmaster double plenum series 50 muffler above the gearbox and another carbon flow through to the left of the engine.
Now the scream of the intakes are not fun any more.....I know....I am different.

andy198712

« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2014, 15:13:27 pm »

Absolutely.
I have a DTA S60 on the shelf and it might be used with double loom for both my beetle and the dragster.
Last two seasons I had this car out I started with the 51IDA and then converted to CB Quicktune.
I simply like getting started with carburator, run in, settinsg and all taht stuff, simplicity and then later convert.

One more reason is to make a large plenum. I honestly like quiet engines.
This one has a large Flowmaster double plenum series 50 muffler above the gearbox and another carbon flow through to the left of the engine.
Now the scream of the intakes are not fun any more.....I know....I am different.

I'm the same on both levels, i want to run my 2110 in on a pic34 carb for the cam burn ect and get it in the car and tune the ignition map. That way i don't leave it idling trying to figure out the fuel map while doing a cam burn... much safer and easier as you say!

if you have a loud car, its harder to live with but also everyone in a 3 mile radius know when your flooring it.... including the police!
Frallan

« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2014, 22:18:31 pm »

So it was beutiful weather, wife left to have fun elsewhere and I advanced the initial curve 5 degrees.
The car really woke up.
I know have 39-40 degrees total but with 104 mm bore, maybe that is normal.
More driving and dyno will tell.

Totally different to drive now.
Well, I think even coming back in the workshop, it sounds better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP6kPV020EM&feature=youtu.be

Frallan

« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2016, 20:04:03 pm »

So I tried to sell the engine. Only few parts sold. So now I am building it again.
yeah I know, this is silly......but not stupid.
2495 cc with GetBackOnTrack  Deutz cylinders.
105.75 mm 2nd hand Mahle Nascar pistons.
21 mm Casidiam coated pins.
Back she goes!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 20:06:02 pm by Frallan » Logged

Eddie DVK

« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2016, 10:00:41 am »

Who very nice, 105.75mm??  Are those the 100mm deutz cylinders or an other size?

Regards Edgar

" Type 4, it is a completely different engine. You have to drive one to understand! "
broen messiaen

« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2016, 12:45:40 pm »

Who very nice, 105.75mm??  Are those the 100mm deutz cylinders or an other size?

they excist in 100 and 102mm but they are the same in al the other dimensions.

@Frallan:
very nice
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: