The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 22:09:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350681 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  quality custom shift knobs for Hurst shifters
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: quality custom shift knobs for Hurst shifters  (Read 2294 times)
pupjoint

« on: September 07, 2012, 03:25:52 am »

anybody knows where I can order these knobs?

they advertised in Samba before, but it was sometime back and i dint save the ad.

Hurst does make new knobs but nothing off the shelf that i want. mailed them but havent got any reply.

nicolas

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 19:52:37 pm »

no idea, but i like that as well.

pupjoint

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 06:32:22 am »

ok i found it. hope the quality is as good as the original knobs
http://www.epcoshiftknobs.com/
hotrodsurplus

It's not how fast you go; it's how you go fast.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 08:15:11 am »

Okay, I have a few observations that you may want to consider.

If those knobs don't have the recess for the trigger sleeve then you'll see the rather unsightly naked shaft. Worse yet, that open area makes a hell of a pinch point when you pull the trigger. This is experience typing this. I used a plain ball on one of mine and I had blood blisters to prove it. It sucked.

I don't know if it would be much better if they machined the recess for the trigger sleeve. It would be a bear to orient the pattern correctly. There would be no way to get a wrench in there to tighten a lock nut. You'd have to use shim washers instead.

I'm not saying it can't work. I just thought that you should know that before jumping in.

Chris Shelton. Professional liar.
pupjoint

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 13:05:55 pm »

Okay, I have a few observations that you may want to consider.

If those knobs don't have the recess for the trigger sleeve then you'll see the rather unsightly naked shaft. Worse yet, that open area makes a hell of a pinch point when you pull the trigger. This is experience typing this. I used a plain ball on one of mine and I had blood blisters to prove it. It sucked.

I don't know if it would be much better if they machined the recess for the trigger sleeve. It would be a bear to orient the pattern correctly. There would be no way to get a wrench in there to tighten a lock nut. You'd have to use shim washers instead.

I'm not saying it can't work. I just thought that you should know that before jumping in.

thanks for bringing that up ..i dint realise that. i havent placed any order yet. maybe just send the original ball o be engraved. Smiley
hotrodsurplus

It's not how fast you go; it's how you go fast.

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 16:02:22 pm »

thanks for bringing that up ..i dint realise that. i havent placed any order yet. maybe just send the original ball o be engraved. Smiley

If this seller's colors go with your car I'd buy one of these instead. I have two: one in ivory and another in red.  They're awesome.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CATALIN-PLASTIC-SHIFT-KNOB-1-3-4-FITS-HURST-VW-TRIGGER-SHIFTER-3-8X24-THDS-RARE-/150896973514?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23222916ca&vxp=mtr

I would hesitate to engrave them, though. As I mentioned they would be a bear to align and you're not likely to find another opportunity to get a unique knob like one of these again.

Chris Shelton. Professional liar.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: