The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 00:31:12 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350692 Posts in 28578 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Happenings
| | |-+  bad camberg
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: bad camberg  (Read 6077 times)
speedwell

the archivist

« on: June 24, 2007, 16:27:59 pm »

i know bad camberg isn't cal look things but there's some cool car to see
here's the links for my on line album  Wink
http://www.wistiti.fr/wistiti/fr_fr/asp/album/album-photo-Galerie.asp?Pseudo=spspbXcGc25082005&album=spspbXcGc25082005BLDFa

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Ole

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 06:27:21 am »

Wow, what a weekend! I took the Pink Panther there with mixed emotions, not sure how the hardcore vintage vw guys will react Huh. I heard not a single negative comment the whole weekend, very laid back event Cool. Another good part if you're not racing: there's time to talk, even met some loungers there. And when you think it can't get any better, you realize EBI's coming up next weekend... Grin

See you all at Chimay,

Ole

no cerveza?
no trabajo!
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 14:37:58 pm »

that of remembering for ron to be seated again  itself in pink Panther, it told me the time where it pink Panther led has Mexico City  Shocked

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Liou

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 17:24:21 pm »

it is sympa this pictures and ron is really very cool lol
I hope ron will driver this pink panker Wink hihih

My 62 ragtop cal look
restolooker

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 20:16:35 pm »

Hey....I saw also a real nice cal-looker near by the show ground Wink

More pictures on www.restolooker.com

Frank LUX

Back...Soon...hopefully!!!

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 21:11:44 pm »

Sorry Guys,

But do I have to remember you what Bad Camberg is all About, it a Vintage Volkswagen get-together...

Camberg 2007 was the Worst one I've ever been... Cry Cry Cry

My 02 cents,

Frank

1960 Ragtop, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Joe Hunt Magneto, someday it will be back...
1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
SumFun Racecar, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Magneto
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 23:02:41 pm »

Sorry Guys,

But do I have to remember you what Bad Camberg is all About, it a Vintage Volkswagen get-together...

My 02 cents,

Frank
I agree!

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
mario_0609

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 22:43:45 pm »

Sorry Guys,

My 02 cents,

Frank
I agree!

How come? what could have been done better? No customized cars and strictly stock ones?
Let me know - I'm really interested...

cheers,
mario
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 22:47:03 pm by mario_0609 » Logged
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 17:07:43 pm »

Here's a few of my pic's

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 17:09:14 pm »

A couple more

You either "Get It" or you don't......
mario_0609

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 10:22:34 am »

cool pics! Smiley

Still: are their any more comments on what can be done better next time?!

cheers,mario
Georg/DFL

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 10:47:59 am »

Hi Mario,

I agree with Keith an Frank. You know me, I am not the greatest fan of vitage cars BUT Bad Camberg is a vintage show and I would like to see vintage cars there. If I want to see lowered, rusty, out-of-the-woods beetles and busses I go to Spa or elsewhere. If there is like 10 percent modified cars, no prob with me.

Solution: People have to register with a photo. Put that photo onto the sheet the organisers have at the entrance. When the participant arrives you could check if the car on the picture matches the car at the gate. If not: Stay out! Really, Bad Camberg has to do something against that!
Cheers,

Georg

Cal Look is not a crime
http://www.dflvwclub.de
"Happiness is a hot VW" - in memory of SOB
"When you run into a Cal Look guy he fits the mold. There's… the Cal Look guys, I don't know how to say it … they just seem to be." - Ron Fleming
Russell

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 14:12:15 pm »

I agree too BC is no place for custom, cal, resto or rat look, however if this is your only mode of transport, please leave it around the corner, thanks

Best Regards

Russell
mario_0609

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 12:29:43 pm »

Guys-

I see your points. Though, interesting they come up in a cal-look-forum. Wink
I've heard similar comments on sunday in BC. However, they where more like: customized cars = young people = alcohol-consumption = loud music... whatever.

Anyway, I appreciate your feedback and I'll pass it along together with the other points that came up.
Next year is a vintage-only meeting in Lavenham, UK. I wonder how this will turn out.

cheers,mario
LuftsickTero

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 13:15:24 pm »

Guys-

I see your points. Though, interesting they come up in a cal-look-forum. Wink
I've heard similar comments on sunday in BC. However, they where more like: customized cars = young people = alcohol-consumption = loud music... whatever.

Anyway, I appreciate your feedback and I'll pass it along together with the other points that came up.
Next year is a vintage-only meeting in Lavenham, UK. I wonder how this will turn out.

cheers,mario

First time I was in Camberg in 1999 and there were modified cars, like the slammed UK buses. Based on my previous visit I chose to drive my Oval to the arena since on registration only limit was the year model.

Had the organizers told me to move my car I would have done it, since in the end it's their event and only up to them to chose the cars for the event.

I am not sure that I would be going back neither as participant nor tourist for next show.. This time there was something missing or wrong in the event in the first place. Many of the rare coachbuilts are the same from show to show, which is understandable since they don't grow in trees and not that many fresh restorations come up. Other than those coachbuilts, Split Verts and Type II oddities (like ladder truck) there isn't that much to see.. Restored 50's Splits and Ovals aren't that special no matter how correct or incorrect the restoration may be IMHO.

Finding couple of idiots sitting on top of my rear bumper blind drunk Saturday night wasn't that nice. And I feel really sorry for the guys who lost parts from their cars on early Sunday morning. Since the venue is small grass field, organizing a guard shouldn't be that difficult, I guess even the possibility to get caught would have saved those cars.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 13:23:14 pm by LuftsickTero » Logged

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: