The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:51:19 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Problem with leaking Scat pushrod tubes! Need some advise.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Problem with leaking Scat pushrod tubes! Need some advise.  (Read 4861 times)
Jøran Larssen

« on: June 03, 2006, 20:14:12 pm »

I started up my 2387cc engine today  Undecided

The engine runs fine, but I do have a problem with oil leaking out between the push rod tubes and the heads. The heads are CB Competition Eliminators, and the push rod tubes are Scat spring loaded (gold colored).

Is there a problem with the angle against the heads, or is it just the Scat tubes that are crap. I must race my car at Bug Run, but need to sort out this problem first.

I was told that this has been discussed at cal-look.com or the shoptakforum, but my search didn't give any results.

SCC 2010: 11.103 @ 192.00 km/h
Petter Carlberg

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 10:29:06 am »

I use those tubes, works great! But you need good quality seals. Last year I mounted some red ones, it leaked from everywhere.
Sometimes it can leak a little before the seal gets warm for the first time and takes shape. Good luck!
Jøran Larssen

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 09:36:31 am »

Hi Petter,

I removed all of them yesterday and stretched the springs. After putting them back on again, there's only two that are leaking. Both of them are leaking between the pushrod and head, and one on each side closest to the pulley. I guess it might be movement from the pushrods that can be the problem caused by 1:4 lifters?

Anyway, I have ordered new one from Göran Lundgren in Sweden, and I might put those on when I get to Bug Run. 

SilverPig

Alles klar?

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 23:38:38 pm »

How about a fine smear of sealant...like Gaskacinch or similar?

Say hello to my little friend!
Mangokid

"Inhale the world", (in memory of MH)

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 00:10:31 am »

I'm running stockers, and never any leaks here. Either way, i think this is highly, ehrm, individual? Ah, i had leakages on my stock 1600 with adjustable tubes, but no leaks on the stockers on my 2110. But some gaskintach og whatever it's called might also help. Perhaps Jorans engine is a bit to wild?

To really know the edge and what lies beyond, one must have passed it.
Jøran Larssen

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 05:05:05 am »

Problem solved. Bought a set of excellent tubes from Göran Lundgren in Sweden.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: