The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 00:06:37 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351100 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  fuel hardlines
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: fuel hardlines  (Read 15729 times)
dive!dive!

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2012, 11:30:10 am »

I've been looking into this as my motor will be a meth motor, from what read and who I've spoken too who run meth aluminium isn't all that bad yes you don't want to leave it there for weeks but I think if you flush out with pump gas after you've done all should be well, and at the end of the day you won't be leaving the fuel in the car as it will absorb water. And it not much different to what the guys on race fuel do as most of them drain there tanks after a weekends racing and put in pump gas. I'm planing on having a small second tank with pump gas to start the car one as I will be using a mechanical pump for the efi

Cheers andy

Andy
I would be very careful using methanol in aluminium pipes. It will definately corrode if left there for any time. There are numerous examples of aluminium filler nozzles corroding away when used to dispense methanol. Given the no holds barred effort you are putting into your car I would have thought stainless would be a good bet ?
I'm personally going to use kunifer lines in mine but it will never see meth!
Cheers
Steve
MeXX

World record holder 8.733 @ 255.658

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2012, 12:24:53 pm »

Hi

Most of the soft aluminum lines designed for racing are coated with a plastic liner inside.
Yes     corrosion is a big issue with an uncoated aluminum.
No      I never had problems with fuel lines.

MeXX
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 06:56:42 am by MeXX » Logged

Drag or Die
Andy Sykes

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2012, 19:33:42 pm »

I'm not sure what lines I'm going to use yet but they will have to be an10 or 12 on the supply lines , my fuel tank in aluminuim  but I will removing the meth after every weekend any way  I may run braided front to back so the are less joints

Cheers andy

I love the haters they make me famous.

im building this not just putting parts together, they are two totally different things

Your only here once turn it up to 11
speed7

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2012, 01:34:37 am »

Hi , nice topic and congrats for the work on the tunnel Danny !
I used a copper central heating tube and placed it along the tunnel on the inside passenger side , so I'm sure it doesn't get nicked from the outside while still using the Bug on the road too !
I finished off with flex fuel hose on both sides .
I used a fuel line quick disconnector (male and female) salvaged on a VW/Audi fuel line on the engine side for easy disconnection while pulling the engine.

Greetz

O/FF 377
12.86"@107Mph
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: