The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 22:43:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351056 Posts in 28638 Topics by 6845 Members
Latest Member: DonA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  European Bug-In Up-Date
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: European Bug-In Up-Date  (Read 16197 times)
Dirk / DFL

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2007, 18:55:23 pm »

What a fantastic weekend, it was a great pleasure to be there.

One of the weekends you never forget........

Thank you Kobus & crew to do a great job.
alfie the monster

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2007, 19:11:24 pm »

Many thanks to Kobus and his crew, you all did an AWESOME job  Grin

Well done to Russell Richtea for bringing a truck load of 'old shit' (his words, not mine!) across Europe along with some top guys from back in the day, as well as warm beer to remind us of home  Cheesy

JG54 Grunherz
Russell

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2007, 19:58:38 pm »

did i really say shit !

Best Regards

Russell
deano

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2007, 21:54:24 pm »

"Deano, I wish above all wishes that you could have been there. Like me and Bug-In 32, some things are destined not to be, I guess. But we raised a glass or three to you."

Thanks Keith, Man, I was hating life at home/in the air/sleeping on the airport floor... this past four days, waiting to hear about EBI. I am so glad that the weather didn't get in the way of a great time.  Next time, I will book my flight non-stop to Europe instead of getting marooned for two days over Macho Grande.  Love the photos, especially the drag race between Fleming and Seume. I missed the biggie.

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
alfie the monster

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2007, 22:19:01 pm »

did i really say shit !

Yes you did  Cheesy

Did you get stir fried frogs legs with your chinese like us  Shocked

JG54 Grunherz
Tim C

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2007, 10:47:42 am »

Thank you to Kobus and the other event organisers for a fantastic show, it reminded me of DDD but with more variety and more to look at. Top work and I am sure you are all having a well deserved rest now!

Russell, well done for getting some of your collection over there, all the cars looked great.

To the racers, particularly the OFF guys, a great show of both horsepower and detail on the cars.

To the show guys, some amazing cars in cal-look corner! Particularly the DAS and DFL guys.

Finally, to my fellow club members, thanks.

Photos to follow on our blog...

JG54 Greenhearts
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2007, 11:06:10 am »

I can't Believe that it's finish... I've saw so much nice cars, great runs and people I only see in magazines. Do you imagine that some cars travel across ocean to be there? 
Awesome Weekend.
thehanz DVK

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2007, 11:14:39 am »

please please i hope this was the first of al lot of european bug-in's  i loved it great weekend......can't get the  Grin of my face.......
kobus fred and crew thanks a lot

67 bug ragtop 091 berg 5. 2276cc 48 Ida
SteveW

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2007, 11:41:50 am »

WOW!! What an awesome weekend!! I think that was probably the best VW show/weekend we have been too! Even though we were trading (and we did extremely well!) and didn't get to see as much racing as we'd like, it was just awesome! Dyno Don is a absolute legend and we were extremely chufted to be able to have our photo taken with him at the end. What a fantastic weekend!! Roll on EBI2!!  Grin

Steve
1961 Oldspeed Beetle
1970 Stock Beetle.
67Screamer

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2007, 20:34:15 pm »

Wow! What an event. Cheers to Ivan for giving me a ticket and letting me test drive his car which drives sooooooooooooo nice now, Kobus and all the EBI staff for a great job, Russell for the beer, the shelter and a chance to meet all the people who were there back in the day, all the racers and the cars that were at EBI and all the JG54 a truely awesome event.

Simon.
Mags

2,2L 577Hk.

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2007, 21:26:57 pm »

Fantastic Show and great weekend.

God job Kobus and EBI crew,
Thanks too Russel  (Gassergarage)
looking too see you SCC Gardermoen Raceway 1-2 sep.

its was nich too meet Arnie,Ron and Dyno Don also.

Mags
Norway
Russell

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2007, 23:01:19 pm »

If Carlsburg made VW weekends this would have been it.

1st Class all the way, Great Cars and Greater people.

Best Regards

Russell
too old for this

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2007, 23:03:41 pm »

did i really say shit !
only about a certain badge Grin Grin Grin Russell you are a top host,rushing round like a nutter ,and still finding time to get us a beer,,,,,top top turn out,Arnie was a legend,with a story for every mark on that lovely car,it,s all been said before but Kobus/Russ/the american legends/Ivan,DJ legend Tongue,and the rip of the Idas,on the Club cars,to and from the show,oh and the outlaws "garage" visible from outer space.....like the great wall of China.........Brilliant chilled weekend,won,t ever forget.............the old un

JG54
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2007, 23:07:21 pm »

Congratulations EBI team!!! YOU PULLED IT OF!! A special thanks to Kobus and Freddy for taking so good care of us Screwdrivers!! We owe you!! I know you have had a hard weekend at times, but you have given a lot of people a HUGE boost in their enthusiasm for all things VW!!
WELL DONE!!!!

It was truly special to see all the real gassers at one place, THANKS Russel!! And the talk we had about SCC kept a smile on my face the rest of the weekend! (it still does).
One of my favorite cars of the event, when it comes to stand out in a original way, was the car of Komori. It must have been a huge thrill for him to see it standing alongside the other legendary cars in BELGIUM of all places!! A big thumb up from me!!
And how about Dyno Don!!! He MADE the event, at times I forgot to look at the racing!! That says allot!!  With his constant "pumping" of the audience and his wicked dancing  Shocked he was the big star of the event for me!
The racing had a incredible level so to stand out you had to really put on a show, the blue pickup and all of the Outlaw boys impressed me big-time!!
And that Convertible that did those fantastic half track burnout's, had everyone on their toes the whole weekend...!! I hear your coming to Norway and SCC again Richie, FANTASTIC NEWS!!!
For a scandinavian like me it was a blast to see Anders (Alien Bug), Jøran (Fourplay), Hans L (Absolute Folka), Petter (Oboyburken) and Johnny (JS)  fighting for the Vikings! You guys ROCK!!
The turnout of dealers was impressive but the most impressive booth must surely have been the CSP stand. THANKS for pushing the industry forward! And Johannes of JPM... you are designing the engines of tomorrow!!! Hope to see you behind the wheel of the blue 03 at SCC!!
The DFL had really put some thought into their display and we had great fun in you camp saturday night! Congratulations to Vegard with a prize for the ûber sexy cal-look Ghia!!
And Lee (Monkeyboy), that buggy is outrageously fun to ride in.... THANKS, now I want one!!!

A big thanks goes out to my trip buddies Frode, Anders, Morten Ivar, Folke, Rune and Øystein... top crew!!  

And the best of all, the weekend has recharged my batteries... and now my car might get done to next years event.... I will be back!!

Best regards
JHU

Roll on EBI 08!!

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Udo

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2007, 06:00:57 am »

Hi Jon
I was looking forward to meet you there and talk to you  Sad

Udo

alex d

« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2007, 10:16:11 am »

Well, back to work today, all I can say is that EBI 1 was a blast!
As finally couldn't finish the "good" engine (thanks bugpack for those great out of round camgears!  Angry ) I wanted to make a pass just to see what the tired stock single port could do, and when I went to collect the timeslip I was told that they didn't have one due to technical problems  Angry ok, so I make another pass, and when I put third the car falls on its nose WTF?  Huh  I crossed the quarter after 39.x seconds at the lightning speed of 25km/h at idle in 4th gear, it turns out that the gas pedal disintegrated so I couldn't accelerate, so I called it a day and just took lots of pictures, I didn't have the chance to meet most of you, maybe at EBI 2  Grin
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2007, 10:19:50 am »

Hi Jon
I was looking forward to meet you there and talk to you  Sad

Udo

Udo you have a PM!
Sorry to have missed you!

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Luftkraft

You know Gil Gonzales?

« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2007, 11:18:17 am »

I had a killer weekend at the first EBI!!! Big thanks to the DAS for organizing an event like this, it's incredible, but you guys really made it possible! So many great like-minded people, a relaxed atmosphere, lots of excellent cars. And it was so cool to meet many loungers and people from all over the world. The weekend was almost too short to be able to realize what was going on. Only thing I missed: some sweet belgian waffles. Smiley Check out my first 50 pics on http://www.luftkraft.ch
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 11:21:08 am by Luftkraft » Logged

LUFTKRAFT Hopped-Up Vee Dubs since 1998
LOWTECH Traditional Hot Rods and Customs Online

...because stock sucks.
TomR

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2007, 11:33:33 am »

Here you go Smiley

Thanks for the pics. Any other pics of the bug with the blinkers in the T bars?

"The devil is in the details"
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: