The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 21:10:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350688 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  CB CNC Competition Eliminators - Valve Guides
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CB CNC Competition Eliminators - Valve Guides  (Read 2390 times)
Shane Noone

« on: February 26, 2013, 19:25:13 pm »

I know it sounds too obvious and I have been mailing CB about this but don't seem to be getting the right info from them unless I am missing a trick ?

I need to replace a broken valve guide in the above head. I have been told it is not simply a case of using a stock style guide trimmed down because the Comp Elim guide has a smaller OD to start with and there is a step half way along the guide reducing this OD even further so it looks quite different to a stock style guide.....

There doesn't seem to be a listing that I can see on CB's website for a specific guide for Comps - just lists a racing valve guide to fit 1200-1600.......so I presume this is for an 040 series casting?

Can anyone confirm what valve guide is fitted to Comp Elims and what the part number might be so I can order one up from them ?

Thanks

Shane.
leec

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 19:43:40 pm »

Hi Shane,

Maybe speak to Matt Keene (All Torque) he knows comp eliminators well and has a very good machine shop he uses, they just did some work on my comps
Lee
K-Roc

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 16:40:35 pm »

Stock guides work just fine, they are trimmed down on the nose ( the part that is in the port ) this is to reduce the guide side loading from the long side of the port and going in slightly crooked... as it's installed. This is normal practice for ports that have more material on one side than the other supporting the guide.

Having said that, you should core drill and remove your damaged guide and measure the bore to determine the OD size of guide you need, perhaps you will need a slightly oversize guide to get the right press fit...

Hope this makes sense.   Smiley

Cheers
Shane Noone

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 17:23:31 pm »

Thanks K-Roc

That makes perfect sense to me  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: