The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 03:36:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Stepped Headers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Stepped Headers  (Read 2504 times)
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« on: July 05, 2007, 19:42:30 pm »

Anyone ever run a stepped header on a flat four? I was checking out headers and ran across one on aircooled.net which is stepped from 1 5/8 to 1 3/4. Its built by A1. I wonder how this would work on the 2276 I am planning for the '67. Anyone ever have any experience with this type of header?

Thanks,

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 02:22:46 am »

Jim Kurlinski switched his out to one and said he didn't notice a change....

I also park at Nick's.
deano

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 04:10:17 am »

We tested one from A-1 Mufflers on our 2332cc nitrous engine. Made good power, so I am going to use that system (1-5/8 to 1-3/4) on my '67's 2276.

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 13:12:44 pm »

It sounds like an interesting concept. I will get in touch with A-1 when I am a bit closer to buying the engine parts. Your return will probably depend on the engine combo and state of tune.

Hey Deano, is that the blueprinting motor? Did you make any other changes after the series was printed to it? I always wondered if you would change the formula with some of the new technology that has been introduced in the almost 10 years (has it actually been that long) since the series started.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
deano

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 17:56:14 pm »

Hey Deano, is that the blueprinting motor? Did you make any other changes after the series was printed to it? I always wondered if you would change the formula with some of the new technology that has been introduced in the almost 10 years (has it actually been that long) since the series started.
--louis

Yes, same blueprinted engine that was in HVWs, and that was in the Race Shop Ghia as well. Probably not, other than repainting the tin, since the car is orange and not yellow. Unless I can figure out a clean way to install a vacuum pump.

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: