The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:35:01 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Dyno.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dyno.  (Read 4270 times)
686 bus-boy

« on: June 30, 2016, 22:19:13 pm »

Who would be a trustworthy person/company to dyno and set up an air-cooled motor in the uk? We have a few companies near where I am but there all into ecu and re-mapping, I need some old school carb experts! Thanks.
Neil Davies

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 22:41:06 pm »

Where in the UK are you?

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
686 bus-boy

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 07:25:18 am »

Near Kings Lynn in Norfolk.
Iryanu

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 09:51:55 am »

My brother uses Northampton motorsport http://www.northamptonmotorsport.com/ they have all the jets for webers / dells. Just don't give in to the pressure of them trying to sell you some ignition box they always push.  Grin

I used this guy http://www.rollingroadtuning.co.uk/ Great bloke, has a nice collection of old racers up there, used to drive gt2 cars I believe. Does alot of minis, again, has all the weber / dell jets and knows his way around the carbs themselves.
richie

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 11:20:43 am »

Who would be a trustworthy person/company to dyno and set up an air-cooled motor in the uk? We have a few companies near where I am but there all into ecu and re-mapping, I need some old school carb experts! Thanks.

Dave walker? doesn't get much more old school than him Smiley

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Neil Davies

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 19:31:57 pm »

He is big into efi - he's the guy behind Emerald - but I get the impression from his monthly column in Practical Performance Car magazine that he likes to have a play with carbs every once in a while just to keep his hand in!

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
richie

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 19:41:39 pm »

He is big into efi - he's the guy behind Emerald - but I get the impression from his monthly column in Practical Performance Car magazine that he likes to have a play with carbs every once in a while just to keep his hand in!

I know about his emerald connections, but given his location and his history I think he would be good to go to

686 bus-boy

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 20:12:51 pm »

Thanks for the replies. Where is he based then?
richie

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 20:37:20 pm »

Thanks for the replies. Where is he based then?

Just outside Norwich, wymondham I think it is

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: