The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:24:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Pictures Needed: Rear Fender logo's/sign writing - Anchor Headers etc :)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Pictures Needed: Rear Fender logo's/sign writing - Anchor Headers etc :)  (Read 3578 times)
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« on: April 01, 2013, 19:34:56 pm »

Well as always guys.... As the title says  Wink

I am looking for OLD pictures from the early so-called "Pre-Cal" era of Rear Fender logo's/sign writing

You know the kind of thing.... Anchor Headers, Pats Muffler Shop etc etc

Let see what you guys had  Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
johnl

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 19:54:25 pm »

Don't know that I can provide a better photo other than what you already have of Mike Joseph's car.  A bit of history on this subject.

Rich Kugel's '58 gold sedan was the first one I ever saw with writing on the rear fenders.  It was done in white and read "Jardine Headers".  I guess mine would be the second with white writing on my then Ruby Red sedan that stated "Fourtuned Headers". 

Beyond this most of the guys had Anchor Headers painted on their cars.  You mentioned Pat's Muffler Shop which would have been Anchor Muffler.  Pat & Jack owned that shop but I never saw their names on any car.

Pat was such a good guy and always more than accommodating to our needs, but Jack was always grumpy  Angry.  Many of us were in there on a regular basis getting mufflers or tips changed to the trend of the day.

This was also the source for me to get my shocks welded up to raise the front end.  I'm sure in today's world no shop would do this due to safety as it could come back to haunt them.  Different and far more simple times than today..

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 60 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2023

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
Lee.C

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 20:41:04 pm »

WOW thanks for the background info John - its great to hear it from "the horse's mouth" as it were  Wink Smiley

I really just wanted to see what different people actually had on their cars - I want mine to look "Correct" Wink Smiley

ANY pictures will help  Smiley

Lee.C

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 23:01:35 pm »

Thought I'd post a few pic's of my finished logo'd fender, All carried out by my Norwegian Tattoo Artist Friend Morten Marbel Lønning

I am SOOOOOOOO happy with it! Its kind of a mix of a couple of original fenders I have seen picture of inc Don Crane's "High Riddin" 67  Wink

Enjoy  Smiley

P.S Thanks to Fabs and others for all these pic's

Lee.C

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 23:04:22 pm »

Wink Smiley

deano

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 01:02:52 am »

Not Anchor, but Phil's Headers in La Habra, CA.... I lettered this one on my brother's VW about 1968ish. Beyond loud, belched flames, backfires, it was great.

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Lee.C

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 09:24:11 am »

Cool  Grin

autohausdolby

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 10:27:52 am »

We saw your car at EBI - I'm the guy who moved the T3 Westie Joker so you could get out Cheesy
Lee.C

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 11:08:05 am »

We saw your car at EBI - I'm the guy who moved the T3 Westie Joker so you could get out Cheesy
[/quote

What a small world.... Glad you like the car  Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: