The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:47:49 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  ANNETTE FUNICELLO PASSES
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ANNETTE FUNICELLO PASSES  (Read 1408 times)
johnl

« on: April 08, 2013, 18:38:53 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annette_Funicello

I just read this coming over the wires now.  For any of you that grew up in the era of the Mickey Mouse Club show on TV you know who this lady was.  She was a class act and went through hell with her disease.

As a youngster my parents happen to take me to Disneyland on a day in May of 1959.  It just happend to be the day that the Matterhorn Bobsled, Monorail and Subraine attractions were first opened to the public.  This was the first major upgrade to the park since it's opening in July of 1955.  Some of the Mouseketeers were there and I did get to see Annette.  At the time I had just turned 12 and I guess she was about 16 and something to behold.

That same day I happend to be standing down by the flag poll on Main St.  My parents spotted me watching something and we still talk about it.  There within 15 feet of me was Walt & Lillian Disney along with the Linkletters sitting on a bench.  A day that some 54 years later next month I'll never forget.

God bless you Annette and I pray your pain is finally gone and you are no longer trapped inside of your body.

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 60 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2023

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: