The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 06:39:44 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  I need a shortened shifter, any suggestions?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I need a shortened shifter, any suggestions?  (Read 1738 times)
simon uk

« on: July 11, 2007, 15:44:03 pm »

Hi people, due to having very long legs, I have trouble shifting in my car. My current steering wheel/ shifter combo is a 15 inch empi gt, and a hurst indy. 1st and 3rd gear is a problem with my knee catching, does anyone have any thoughts on what to do. My view is that I need to cut down a shifter, but really it has to be a period part, which people wont get too upset about seeing cut. Does anyone have any thoughts about what to do, or even better, have an old chopped one hanging around. There is something on samba at the moment - an old vanguard one which looks kind of cool, and has been shortened, but the seller is unwilling to ship outside of the usa, and it would be perfect! It is cheap as well, there is some beer/ parts money in it if someone could get it posted to them, and post it straight over to me?!

Or, if any one has one stuck in the garage, there is a potential straight swap available on my hurst, which is in pretty nice condition, and worth a bit.

As an aside, what is everyones favourite shifter? I guess Berg will be popular, how about DDS, Hurst or an eliminator?

Si.
lowfastbus

WUNDERWAFFE

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 15:47:12 pm »

DDS and copper Hursts are my favourites... shame they're so damn expensive!

http://dragvws.skynetblogs.be
WUNDERWAFFE
The Knuckle Buster
nicolas

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 18:13:52 pm »

running a hurst at the moment and i like it very much. my fastback has one too, but i can't make the linelock button fit on that one. i have seen a hurst ball with the button on it. that was inpressive as well.

but if you want something really nice take a look at the csp shifters. they can be ordered in short throw and are less likely to interfere with your leg.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: