The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 17:53:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6822 Members
Latest Member: tpb_karl
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  After Reading Russels post.....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: After Reading Russels post.....  (Read 41084 times)
RobtheManx

« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2015, 22:53:48 pm »

Really , I did ? Ha ha , I don't remember that !

SPG Roller Cranks rarely live long!
dannyboy

« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2015, 23:09:56 pm »

i do  Wink  Cheesy

8.77@156.8mph 
O/FF 60
RobtheManx

« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2015, 09:27:27 am »

You're making this shit up !... and I think we got a little off topic ...

SPG Roller Cranks rarely live long!
dannyboy

« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2015, 20:58:23 pm »

sorry it went off topic but it did happen as it was me who shouted it  Cheesy

8.77@156.8mph 
O/FF 60
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2016, 04:27:08 am »

Turned 30 earlier this year and what I noticed with the few people I know from the VW scene here is that most of them who owned a VW, let's say between 18 and 25, either went to other car scenes or just completely stopped being in any car scene at all. I don't think this has to do with cal-look being "dead", as some like to say these days, as I noticed that from people who were into different kind of VWs, into busses as well and also into water-cooled cars. I guess you have other priorities when getting older, or people get simply bored at some point and need new things. Then for some different reasons one will stop and sell his cars and parts for personal or professional reasons, another will get a totally different car and get into a totally different car scene to breathe something new, others will maybe own a VW again later... some other will just stop being into any car scene at all because it's just not their thing anymore. Almost every guys around 20 love fast and cool cars, the same way almost every teenage guys dream of being a rockstar and end up getting an electric guitar that they will never touch anymore after a few months/years (did I say myself...  Roll Eyes Grin). Then the same way you have very few people who will still enjoy playing music, you'll have very few people still enjoying old VWs even after so many years. Take everybody that's into the VW scene right now and into 10/20/30 years only very few of them will still own an air-cooled VW and still love them as much as they do now, and this in my opinion has nothing to do with being into the cal-look scene or not. That's just how things are and how they have always been with everything.

Again about the "cal-look is dying" thing, I stopped counting how many times I've heard or read online/in magazines about how the german-look scene was dying because of "every possible reasons people could think of". I recall hearing people talking about it even before I bought my first VW in 2001... now 15 years later maybe I'm the only one to notice that, but I see as much german-look cars as before. I didn't see every single german performance shops closing, I still see them developing new products. French VW magazines are the only one I'm buying every months and you can still see these cars regularly. So if cal-look has to die the same way then I'm fine with it, let it die  Grin I don't even know where all of this is coming from, who woke up one day and decided they have the authority to say that this or that is dying? It seems some people just like to want to see things changing and dying but things are always the same all in all. Or maybe we are just spending too much time online braging about random stuff like I'm doing now, instead of using that time and these brain cells to do more interesting and prodcutive things like going to sleep because it's past 5am here  Grin

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: