The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 04:20:21 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350698 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  New cabrio, this years progress and those 8s
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: New cabrio, this years progress and those 8s  (Read 23543 times)
dannyboy

« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2013, 11:25:16 am »

the track was properly sticky and smooth as silk all the way to the end  Cool

8.77@156.8mph 
O/FF 60
richie

« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2013, 11:42:42 am »

I can see from the photos of the track, that though one of Europe's premier drag tracks wasn't at its' best over the past weekend, it's still far better than anything we have over in this half of Europe. Watching the live link over the weekend, though I enjoyed the variety of cars and the times posted, what I appreciated most was the level of care that the crew at Santa Pod put into the track and the generally high level of everything from comentators to safety standards. I raced at Santa Pod for nearly ten years before moving over here to Poland and never realised just how good I had it. 

Chris

the track guys worked there asses of, and it must have been miserable for them in that heat, they did an excellent job to keep it as good as possible all weekend its just one of those events that is always going to be a problem due to the wide variety of vehicles going down it, the cars with treaded tyres had so much dust etc in the treads and didn't have enough traction to not spin them and thus lift the fresh rubber layer up!!!!
Then the bike crash did a lot of damage to the left lane up around the 1/8 mile mark and they worked late into the night to try make it good for sunday

It was difficult for me as the startline traction was pretty good but that patch about 20ft out upset the car every pass and it just turned left or right at will, I don't see it being any better next weekend, in fact with Friday and Saturdays rwyb it will most likely get worse, I would not want to be a big HP car at that event

Still was a very enjoyable weekend and as you mention the variety of cars, some that we would never see if there weren't these style events were excellent to see again Smiley

cheers Richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Shag55

Shag Leone, SL-1racing

« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2013, 17:24:42 pm »

Congrats Richie. Your making great progress with that car.

325hp and 290# torque @17psi on 91 pump
383hp and 324# torque @23psi on 50/50 mix
Shag55.sl1racing@gmail.com
Facebook at SL 1 racing
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: