The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 14:44:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350680 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Happenings
| | |-+  EBI#6 who´s going?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: EBI#6 who´s going?  (Read 30879 times)
Flow

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2013, 23:56:52 pm »

But EBI is not just about drag racing you forget it... This is why it's so good, because all the style are present ! If you just want a "VW dragster week end", go to DDD !!  Roll Eyes

empi67rag

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2013, 12:56:53 pm »

Nothing wrong with only drag racing , I attend DDD every year, but as said above EBI is more.
It's about drag, nostalgia, show and shine, parts, meeting people, cal-look and so much more.
What won't means some things can be done better, but what show is perfect?
And the biggest problem this year, nobody had in hand : RAIN. Just to say ,
I just spend a big amount on holidays together with my family, and guess what : I had rain 3 of the 7 days.
So, certainly I will be at EBI 6!! No matter what wheather.
And i agree no profit : no show.

Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2013, 15:52:22 pm »

An outsider's point of view-
All VW events in the US are for only one day. If you're racing, you don't have time to waste cruising the swap or chatting with your buddies in the show area. If you're swapping, you can't be bothered with racing or show cars (gotta find that deal!). You either race, or swap, or hang out with your buddies in the show. The impression I get from EBI (and some other European events) is that with 2-3 days you get to do a bit of everything, and I absolutely love that. So what if the track can't hold a 7 second car? Like Goodwood, the joy is seeing and hearing these old relics (cars AND drivers Wink) under their own power. If you're after a time slip, EBI might not be the place for you. But if you're a die hard Cal Look guy and into having a damn good time, I can't fathom anything better.

Back on topic... At one time or another I believe I've said that I would be attending all previous EBI's Roll Eyes I know enough now to say that #6 isn't going to be in the cards, but #7 is a legitimate possibility.

Roll on Bug-In!

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Russell

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2013, 12:47:32 pm »

I love Bug in honest I do , even dragged my sorry old nail out there once .

Just putting my two cent's out there  Smiley

You missed out SLOW "sorry old slow nail"

Best Regards

Russell
plasticblack

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2013, 16:06:15 pm »

EBI really rekindled my love for VW Shows.

Everything about it took me back to the Good Old Days and I had a buzz from attending that lasted for days afterwards. Cheesy

I love the different things on offer all around the site and that you can pick and choose exactly what you fancy and in what quantity Grin

Couldn't make it this year and have vowed to get my current project ready for the next EBI in 2015.

The first few shows were perfect and I didn't want to change a thing about it. I'm not involved with the racing side, so wouldn't dare to offer any comments about the track.

For me the show ticks far more 'Happy Boxes' than Negatives and I can't wait for the next EBI.

Greasy Dave

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2013, 10:01:58 am »

We (the wife and myself) have been to EBI 3,4 & now 5.
EBI 3 was in terms of people ,cars and entertainment fantastic.EBI 4 was mental,not in a good way,way to busy and the camping plus people turning up was crazy.We ended up camping through the stone pillars across the road right down at the bottom.I appreciate money has to be made. I am not daft but we said we would give it another shot as we make a full  holiday of it.
This time we turned up nice and early,plenty of pitches all roped out as per the campsite at H/O was,or so we thought.I think we must have been moved 4 or 5 times as it turned out that the camping was not the same as H/O.These spots were in fact 'reserved'.Would be nice if there were signs saying so.Trying to keep positive as we move to yet another spot sure wipes the shine off quickly.

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2014, 10:23:43 am »

This thread is not to be forgotten...countdown is running for next year´s EBI6!

Urbantoy

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2014, 00:03:46 am »

Hello,

We are prepping 3-4 cars (-66 panel, -68 Westfalia, -71 Westfalia Riviera and -67 Kemperink) to EBI6 from North Finland (near Artic Circle) for EuroTour2015..
Long drive but doesn't matter, World best meeting is MUST.. see You at Pat and after that at EBI6.

Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2014, 00:36:36 am »

Well I will be there in 2015... Just like I have EVERY YEAR since 2007 Wink

I only missed ONE YEAR in my own vw and that year I was in my Ex's Bus..........

I know a few friends who won't be there, They also quoted "Its too much like bug jam" But I don't really "Get" this  Undecided

What its become too successfull?? Yes there will always be Families, Dogs, Idiots with Radio flyers etc etc etc but its US that make this event and if WE don't make the effort others will drift away too  Undecided

I will also agree that if your expect a "Proper Race Track" then your gonna be disapointed, Its just for FUN!!!!

I remember a certain Yellow Cabrio "Havin Fun" a few years ago hehehehehe Wink

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Urbantoy

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2014, 00:58:24 am »

Hello Lee,

Hopefully nobody compare EBI to BugJam.. those are totally different, how it can be like BugJam? totally insane..
I don't know where You are coming but we will have to drive frist almost 600km until we are out of Finland then by ferry to Germany and from there to PAT and EBI..
So enough driving.. Luckily we can rest our ass at ferry. It takes almost 30 hours..
Lee.C

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2014, 02:00:30 am »

Hey dude Smiley

You guys "Get It"  Wink

Its about "Making the effort" and the "Road-Trip" and hanging out and getting slightly drunk on weird european Beers & spirits with Great European friends..... And if there is a few Fast VW's having fun out on the "Track" then all the better  Smiley

If you REALLY want to race then why not make the effort and head up to SCC at the fastest track in europe Wink
http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,23865.0.html

Come on.... lets make 2015 a good one!!!  Smiley

Urbantoy

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2014, 02:43:00 am »

Lee,

I know what You mean ;-)

SCC has been put on my time schedule.. hopefully all will went like I have planned after BCS at Stocholm..
I have planned to leave -71 Westfalia Riviera at friend's at Helsinki so I don't have to drive between North and South all time.. I will just take plane and then back it again to Helsinki and then to SCC

Pete
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 02:48:37 am by Urbantoy » Logged
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2014, 07:22:49 am »

I will be there. Ordered my ticket already

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2015, 13:07:37 pm »

The demise of VW Gasser Garage is something with big impact on EBI racing atmosphere :-(
Lee.C

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2015, 16:11:05 pm »

The demise of VW Gasser Garage is something with big impact on EBI racing atmosphere :-(

Don't think like that dude....

We'll all still be there Wink Smiley

JS

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2015, 20:11:25 pm »

Well, a lot of gassers are on "private" hands in Europe today so I don´t think this is a coffin nail for the event.
For me, it´s always been about the great people you meet at events like EBI.

And I´m really looking forward to hopefully seeing two-lane racing again this year!

Signature.
peejke

Keep it simple...

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2015, 22:38:37 pm »

I'm in , just like every previous edition

way to much old shit at home, ...
'57 single cab, 1776 powered
'71 baywindow westy , 1835 powered
'54 oval ragtop , texas brown , stock as hell
flandria sport moped collection, other old mopeds, BSA A65 cafe racer, yamaha SR500 dirt tracker
Flow

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2015, 11:34:31 am »

MC Dyno Don

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2015, 19:20:51 pm »

babababahh baBAAAAHHHHHHHH...!!!!   Hi ALL, Well its that time once again for some fun in Chimay. I am going to try my best to navigate the entire grounds this time in an effort to reach those not in touch with the full scope of the event. My question to YOU ALL is how can I personally make this a better show for those attending..? I stay on the drag course for a while and try my best to get around, but to be quite honest, it is quite a task to cover Everything throughout the hectic weekend of excitement. I welcome new ideas from those of you that either have attended before or for those of you attending for the ffirst time in an effort to bridge the gap of the many different styles and types of people and their cars. There will be Many VW people from the States as well as other countries coming over once again and a host of new attendees as well and want everything to go as Smooth as posssible. The staff has done a brilliant job in handling certain things and if I can take the heat off of their stress then I will have accomplished my goal. So.. positive input is most welcome at this time and I will do my part in providing what I am able to to make your stay more enjoyable. Looking forward to seeing ALL of YOU once again..!!  EBI 6 coming to Chimay SOON.  Thank You, Dyno Don Chamberlin  ps, dont wait until the last minute for reservations or anything else as we only have a few months left on the calendar.  ENJOY the Weekend..!!
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2015, 19:45:33 pm »

got my ticket yesterday  , so i'm ready to see you my friend  Wink , but before i will see you at bug in 40

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2015, 20:08:28 pm »

My ticket arrived today Smiley

Don, you need one of these for the weekend: http://www.segway.com/

cedric

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2015, 08:27:11 am »

Only come on sunday....
MC Dyno Don

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2015, 17:18:25 pm »

The Segway is  so cool...But...Im still "Old School" in just about everything I do / LOL...         

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2015, 15:21:29 pm »

Yay! Happy that I started this thread many moons ago! My tickets arrived today!

MC Dyno Don

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2015, 04:33:26 am »

Tic...Tic...Tic...   Just a week away and droolin' at the chops. Hope to see everyone soon and lets hope for some good Cali weather to follow me to CHIMAY..!!  Peace Out, Dyno Don
alstare84

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2015, 13:37:25 pm »

Can't wait!
See you there!

Cheers

Roberto (Italy)

"Straights are for Fast Cars... Corners are for Fast Drivers!"

'60 Ragtop L436 Indigo Blue
'65 Sedan L87 Pearl Weiss
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2015, 13:38:23 pm »

Just washed the car and started to get my shit together.  Who else is going.  Seems like a few people are dropping out.

henk

« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2015, 17:36:38 pm »

i going like i did every year all ready.
seems like the forecast is getting better as well.
so might wash my car as well this year.

henk!!!
Addie/DVK

« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2015, 20:07:49 pm »

I'll be there  Cool Cool
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: