The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 23:33:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6821 Members
Latest Member: LasseA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Anybody remember these cars from Hot VWs? I do...but barely.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Anybody remember these cars from Hot VWs? I do...but barely.  (Read 21869 times)
dyno don
DKK

DGVA DZK (old school 70's)

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2007, 21:27:21 pm »

i can remember taking my ghia out for a stroll one day and seeing a host of police cars at the end of my street as they had pulled over somebody and thought to myself/self...now would be a bitchin time to show these cops what a vw will do ..not thinking rational at the time i proceded to bang through the gears and got about 1/8 mile away to the stop light then made a right to come back to my neighborhood another 1/8 mile or so when i had noticed a motorcycle in my rear view mirror that was getting close but no match for me so i slowed down in an effort to race it and when i saw that it was a cop i decided to outrun him back to my home...red lights and siren now turned on coming into my hood i pulled over 50 yards from my house only to get the third degree on the curb as the cop said he clocked me at over 90mph and was pulling away from  him as if he was sitting still on his kawazaki 1000/he proceded to write me a ticket for excessive speed/exhibition of speed/speed contest/and evaiding a police officer...argh..!!!upon waiting for backup officer to arrive the cop giving me my ticket began walking around my car shaking his head the whole time and when the other cop arrived he gave me a "thumbs up"behind the other officers back so i felt somewhat better knowing my efforts were appreciated so i thought. we began to talk and the "new"cop that just arrived just drooled over my car the whole time and had confided with me that the first officer hated vw's ...i told the cool cop my name and instantly became friends as i found that he owned a vw and had seen me race and heard me announce at the bug ins...the uncool cop insisted that they impound my car and when the cool cop talked with him in brief he came back to me and just said "SIGN HERE AND I BETTER NEVER CATCH YOU AGAIN"....my reply was ..."thank you for the ticket but i wont let you catch me next time"..!!  dyno
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2007, 21:33:21 pm »

ROFL!

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2007, 21:35:33 pm »

i can remember taking my ghia out for a stroll one day and seeing a host of police cars at the end of my street as they had pulled over somebody and thought to myself/self...now would be a bitchin time to show these cops what a vw will do ..not thinking rational at the time i proceded to bang through the gears and got about 1/8 mile away to the stop light then made a right to come back to my neighborhood another 1/8 mile or so when i had noticed a motorcycle in my rear view mirror that was getting close but no match for me so i slowed down in an effort to race it and when i saw that it was a cop i decided to outrun him back to my home...red lights and siren now turned on coming into my hood i pulled over 50 yards from my house only to get the third degree on the curb as the cop said he clocked me at over 90mph and was pulling away from  him as if he was sitting still on his kawazaki 1000/he proceded to write me a ticket for excessive speed/exhibition of speed/speed contest/and evaiding a police officer...argh..!!!upon waiting for backup officer to arrive the cop giving me my ticket began walking around my car shaking his head the whole time and when the other cop arrived he gave me a "thumbs up"behind the other officers back so i felt somewhat better knowing my efforts were appreciated so i thought. we began to talk and the "new"cop that just arrived just drooled over my car the whole time and had confided with me that the first officer hated vw's ...i told the cool cop my name and instantly became friends as i found that he owned a vw and had seen me race and heard me announce at the bug ins...the uncool cop insisted that they impound my car and when the cool cop talked with him in brief he came back to me and just said "SIGN HERE AND I BETTER NEVER CATCH YOU AGAIN"....my reply was ..."thank you for the ticket but i wont let you catch me next time"..!!  dyno
to funny dyno  Grin Grin Grin your da man  Wink

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Jim Ratto

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2009, 00:46:32 am »

Fabs, any chance you could find some more cool feature cars from late 1980's-early 1990's. I'd love to see the blue turbo sedan on cookie cutters.... if you can find it... I'm guessing 1987-1988(?)

you ARE the archivist... Cool

thanks,
volksnut

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2009, 02:17:53 am »

to funny dyno  Grin Grin Grin your da man  Wink

Yes he is......

rick m

Driving Hot VWs for 44 Years Strong!

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2009, 05:14:45 am »

Dyno,

Was that the car you gave me a ride in one time in front of the OCIR Fairgrounds?  It was killer fast with the fourbarrel carb on it?

Rick Mortensen

Rick Mortensen
Driving Hot VWs since 1970
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2009, 13:19:01 pm »

Fabs, any chance you could find some more cool feature cars from late 1980's-early 1990's. I'd love to see the blue turbo sedan on cookie cutters.... if you can find it... I'm guessing 1987-1988(?)

thanks,

this one  Roll Eyes  BAD TEMPER II

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2009, 13:20:01 pm »

Wink

Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2009, 13:36:16 pm »

"SIGN HERE AND I BETTER NEVER CATCH YOU AGAIN"....my reply was ..."thank you for the ticket but i wont let you catch me next time"..!!  dyno

Dyno stories ROCK. Well said, Mr. C. See ya in a few hours.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Jim Ratto

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2009, 16:15:05 pm »

thanks,

you made my day.... thanks fabs!  Smiley Smiley Smiley
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2009, 16:22:42 pm »

thanks,

you made my day.... thanks fabs!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

another car jim Huh.............. Grin Grin

Rick Sadler

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2009, 17:06:45 pm »

Dyno,

Was that the car you gave me a ride in one time in front of the OCIR Fairgrounds?  It was killer fast with the fourbarrel carb on it?

Rick Mortensen
Was it this car?

Der Kleiner Panzers
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2009, 17:27:45 pm »

Great shot, Rick.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2009, 17:52:29 pm »

Dyno,

Rick Mortensen
Was it this car?
Shocked Shocked Shocked
another pict Grin

Jim Ratto

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2009, 18:12:40 pm »

Dyno,

Rick Mortensen
Was it this car?
Shocked Shocked Shocked
another pict Grin

please post as many as you have fabs.... LOVE the exhaust treatment on that Ghia... so businesslike (look under RH jackpoint)... very cool.
Thanks for posting!
Jim
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2009, 18:16:55 pm »

gary madrid late model  , nice cal look
sorry  , but report is in french

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2009, 18:17:54 pm »

Wink

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2009, 19:12:27 pm »

another one jim  , this's the red one behind don bedford 67
gregg groepper 63

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2009, 19:15:56 pm »

and the yellow one now
todd schwarz 69 yellow looker

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2009, 19:19:38 pm »

and now don bedford 67

it look like that the 3 car were shoot at the same place/park

Jim Ratto

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2009, 20:46:58 pm »

fabs... another "80's" request...buddy!  Cool Java green-ish car running big motor and 5-lug chrome wheels with nipple caps. Think the owner's name was "Phil" can't remember. Car had big 2000+ cc motor and placed well at shows if I remember right. You probably know the car....   Grin
Thanks again Fabian.
stealth67vw

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2009, 20:56:17 pm »

fabs... another "80's" request...buddy!  Cool Java green-ish car running big motor and 5-lug chrome wheels with nipple caps. Think the owner's name was "Phil" can't remember. Car had big 2000+ cc motor and placed well at shows if I remember right. You probably know the car....   Grin
Thanks again Fabian.
It had an RX exhaust right?

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
Jim Ratto

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2009, 20:58:07 pm »

Thanks again Fabian.

I'm old, but I vaguely remember that, yeah.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2009, 21:00:26 pm »

How about orange late model car, from Lake Tahoe, had 189hp Arao Engineering motor (w/ IDAs) in it.... same feature had the wife's K Ghia (w/ big motor too) featured. The orange car was a demon. Love to see that feature too!  Cool
stealth67vw

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2009, 21:04:56 pm »

Thanks again Fabian.

82 x 90 NPRs 2086cc with IDAs. I remember the car. How is is I remember such trivial details but can't remember what I ate yesterday? Grin

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
Jim Ratto

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2009, 21:08:15 pm »

Thanks again Fabian.

82 x 90 NPRs 2086cc with IDAs. I remember the car. How is is I remember such trivial details but can't remember what I ate yesterday? Grin

I know. i will never forget the self portrait you did on the dry erase board of you and your "thought processes" (42 x 37, FK89, 48IDA, 2276, 5.352", 94mm...etc) too funny.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2009, 20:01:09 pm »

Thanks again Fabian.

Hi fabs any luck findin these old cars? /\ /\ /\
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2009, 21:08:55 pm »

yes jim i will find them , but busy last week with ebi  , now i'm on holidays and have the time to search after it
 Wink

Jim Ratto

« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2009, 21:10:48 pm »

yes jim i will find them , but busy last week with ebi  , now i'm on holidays and have the time to search after it
 Wink

you're the best dude....  MR. ARCHIVIST! Where would I be w/o you  Kiss Kiss Kiss Grin Grin
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2009, 22:33:27 pm »

Wink

you're the best dude....  MR. ARCHIVIST! Where would I be w/o you  Kiss Kiss Kiss Grin Grin
Grin Grin... Kiss
here we go  Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: