The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 15:35:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Sweet mother of Jesus, those IDA's!!!! (Still shaking)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sweet mother of Jesus, those IDA's!!!! (Still shaking)  (Read 2256 times)
Mangokid

"Inhale the world", (in memory of MH)

« on: June 21, 2006, 19:08:17 pm »

Ok guys. I'm sorry, but this time, no supercool shot of a wild whoppin' weelie, nor any picture of a psychobilly burnout or someone passing the finish line doing a lo' 11, but still, i got something to share, if i can manage to write it down, (shaking like hell)!!!

As some of you already might know, two weekws ago i was heading for Bug Run 23 in Sweden, looking forward to a great weekend of racing fun in the sun with my rebuilt 2110 IDA motor, but no... We only drove a couple of miles until i heard a loud kluncking noise in my gearbox, so we had to return back home and switch cars. So, my 61 cal-looker hasn't moved since then. Until now, a few minutes ago, as i went outside to move it into the garage to pull the gearox.

Of course, i could not help myself. I simply had to take her for a spin 'round the block, ehrm, my dad's block that is. I turned on the ignition, let the fuel pump work for a few seonds, and wroaaar, she fired almost instantly letting that sweet whining straight cut sound tell the neighbours that it's still summer.

I backed out into the street, let her warm up and drove cautiously round the corner to check if all was clear. Hell yeah, no one in sight, throttle down!!! Between two speed bumps i shifted three times, bam-bam-bam, smoke filled the weelarches, and all i could see behind me was a big, light blue cloud and some black rubbermarks on the tarmac, the road got narrow and i slowed down again. What a feeling at the end of a boring day at work. I rolled carefully down into the garage and just sat in that seriously uncomfy bucket seat and let the pulse work it's way down. Holy crap! It's always as fun, and scary as it was the first time.

You know the feeling right?

Here's a shot of my car for those who might wonder who i am. (on the left)

To really know the edge and what lies beyond, one must have passed it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: