The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 21:13:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350688 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  65 & 67 Bug Shell Differences
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 65 & 67 Bug Shell Differences  (Read 2322 times)
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« on: August 07, 2007, 18:03:17 pm »

Other than the rear apron & the z-bar are there any major differences between a '65 & '67 shell. I may have a chance to buy a straight rust free '65 shell for cheap and am thinking of using it instead for my '67. The pan and body plate wouldn't match but the shell on my '67 is already missing it's body plate anyway.

Thanks,

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Lanny Hussey

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 20:18:56 pm »

Door strikers, the cut out for the dual master resevoir, I can't think of anything else.

1967, the only year that matters.
The Ideaman

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 21:35:31 pm »

Vent on dash?

It is the soldier,
Who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped in the flag,
Who allows the protestor to burn the flag.
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 22:01:32 pm »

Other than the rear apron & the z-bar are there any major differences between a '65 & '67 shell. I may have a chance to buy a straight rust free '65 shell for cheap and am thinking of using it instead for my '67. The pan and body plate wouldn't match but the shell on my '67 is already missing it's body plate anyway.

Thanks,

--louis
Door Strikers,Doors,dash Vent,rear apron,rear deck lid,z bar,4 way flashers,wire harness 65 goes threw the headliner chanel 67 runs along the floor with the regulator under the seat, front seats,ashtray,outside moldings, fusebox on a 65 has 8 fuses, 67 has 10 fuses,seat belt mounts on pillars 67 and later, you would have to keep the 65 doors on the car witch dose not have the inside door pulls or door lock knobs.not wired for the back up lights.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 22:05:25 pm by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 01:45:30 am »

Thanks,

--louis
Door Strikers,Doors,dash Vent,rear apron,rear deck lid,z bar,4 way flashers,wire harness 65 goes threw the headliner chanel 67 runs along the floor with the regulator under the seat, front seats,ashtray,outside moldings, fusebox on a 65 has 8 fuses, 67 has 10 fuses,seat belt mounts on pillars 67 and later, you would have to keep the 65 doors on the car witch dose not have the inside door pulls or door lock knobs.not wired for the back up lights.

Yeah, I have already passed on the idea. The more I thought about it the less I liked the idea. Thanks for the input.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: