The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 21:12:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350688 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  BRM A MAIN INGREDIENT OF THE CAL LOOK
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: BRM A MAIN INGREDIENT OF THE CAL LOOK  (Read 32063 times)
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2007, 02:37:09 am »

Slightly off topic but there is a pic in the bible of the Pincher with a set of early BRMs with a different spoke design. (Which I think looks better than the production items, but that is just me.) What is the story on those? Where there any more ever made?

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
SlingShot

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2007, 06:54:11 am »

You can run them with out tubes, if you like 4 flat tires....  As for spacers  Jack @ Jaycee is able to make them he may have the program in his CNC. He used 1 of mine as a sample.  The FAT caps look good.  I clear coated mine to make them a little closer to orig.  The orig. caps have a little more sheen & depth than the copies but they are pretty close.  And for Keith , he does'nt like BRM's because they would'nt fit on any of his 411's & he is still mad about that.

Why do they go flat? Porosity, or the design of the wheel?

Will Race For Beer !!!
jick

« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2007, 07:27:31 am »

Slightly off topic but there is a pic in the bible of the Pincher with a set of early BRMs with a different spoke design. (Which I think looks better than the production items, but that is just me.) What is the story on those? Where there any more ever made?

--louis

a dude in the States certainly had 1 of them (maybe more??) there was a small picure in Volksworld about 4/5 years ago of one at a swapmeeet stand....i'm sure the Californians on here would know who it was....maybe it was Chris Morely??

JS

« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2007, 07:51:07 am »

how many brms at last euro bug in ?
2 set on outlaw cars (white oval and blue bug)
this one oval bug
Kurt's bug
Paul rui's car
russel's cream bug
thats all Huh?

Canīt remember now, but iīm sure I counted at least 8 sets.

Signature.
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2007, 10:21:30 am »

8 set so I miss two of them can you list them?
empi67rag

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2007, 10:29:22 am »

how many brms at last euro bug in ?
2 set on outlaw cars (white oval and blue bug)
this one oval bug
Kurt's bug
Paul rui's car
russel's cream bug
thats all Huh?

Canīt remember now, but iīm sure I counted at least 8 sets.

Don't forget the set on Ivan's car.

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2007, 14:35:54 pm »

--louis

a dude in the States certainly had 1 of them (maybe more??) there was a small picure in Volksworld about 4/5 years ago of one at a swapmeeet stand....i'm sure the Californians on here would know who it was....maybe it was Chris Morely??
those are the prototype BRM's if you remember the cover of the 1st volkswagen annual books that was the wheels on the GTV , and the same on inch pincher now 2 wheels still exists today , and if i remember well that chris morley who own the wheels
 Wink

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2007, 14:51:48 pm »

yes I forget Ivan bug you' re in true
who got the last one?
Ivan

« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2007, 10:55:17 am »

who got the last one?

It's OK, sometimes I forget my own car - my memory has become bad as I have got older.
I opened the front the other day and found my spare is also a original BRM . Grin
empi67rag

« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2007, 10:58:16 am »

who got the last one?

It's OK, sometimes I forget my own car - my memory has become bad as I have got older.
I opened the front the other day and found my spare is also a original BRM . Grin

Sorry to say Ivan, but that is still my spare You used to get back home from EBI Smiley

Ivan

« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2007, 13:36:09 pm »

who got the last one?

Sorry to say Ivan, but that is still my spare You used to get back home from EBI Smiley

Ha!

My memory might be bad, but it ain't that bad Kurt!  Grin

Oh, and you're just greedy - you don't just have a spare - you've got a spare SET!  Cool!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: