The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 17:48:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351095 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  We lost a good friend today !!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: We lost a good friend today !!  (Read 2971 times)
Frenchy Dehoux

« on: October 04, 2013, 22:39:41 pm »

Very upset received a call from my best friend George Myers few minutes ago that Chuck Lee has past away he was a member of the Wolfsburg Registry one of the very first back when the club was formed. Chuck was very involved in the VW hobby and was always there if I needed help at any of the shows. Chuck help me at the VW Classics and the Phoenix Bug O Rama and all the Copperstae shows that the club was involved with. Chuck will be very missed in the VW World. Here is a picture of Chuck a year ago at a get together in Chicago Chuck is the gentleman in the middle of the picture doing was he does best helping out.

Frenchy
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 23:47:16 pm by Frenchy Dehoux » Logged

Doctor Detail ( Retired )
Donny B.

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 23:25:06 pm »

Chuck was a great guy.  I recruited him into Valley Street V Dubs a long time ago.  When we started Wolfsburg Registry Chuck was a founding member.  Chuck had a number of VWs, but will be remembered for driving his primer painted '57 just about everywhere.  Chuck will be missed by all in our community.  This is a truly sad day...!

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 00:10:57 am »

Here is another great shot of Chuck Lee with the blue shirt.

Love you Chuck !!!!!
  Frenchy

Doctor Detail ( Retired )
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 00:14:51 am »

Sorry for your loss guys.

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 01:02:40 am »

Always hurts to lose a friend.  Cry

Sorry for your loss.

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Vwfreak53

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 01:03:59 am »

Sad news indeed.  Cry my condolences to his friends and family...
rick m

Driving Hot VWs for 44 Years Strong!

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 18:02:42 pm »

I too was sad to hear bout Chucks passing.  Had a chance to interact with him as a member of the Wolfburg Registry and the years he helped us at the Pheonix Bug-O-Rama.  He was a stand up guy and fought a valiant but tough battle with throat cancer which he seemed to be winning only to have cancer attack other parts of him and take him from us.

He will be sorely missed.  He was a wonderful, genuine, very good guy to be around.

Rick Mortensen

Rick Mortensen
Driving Hot VWs since 1970
nlvtinman

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 00:14:55 am »

Oh, what is happening here...this sudden passing of several individuals in the VW world that have left positive marks on the lives of others.
As is said, they come in threes-Joe Crockett from the Vintage side of our love of VW's, then racing legend Doug Gordon, and now Chuck Lee. 

Has this lead any of us who have been around this hobby for many decades any moments to pause and think.  Hey we may be more "mature" but aren't we all still young at heart and don't consider our own mortality as even possible.

To those who feel this loss more greatly, I extend sympathy as you grieve.
Steve Walker
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: